• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ammo Import Ban

Tekman

imported post

State Department Floating Ammo Import Ban It looks like those who said the Obama Administration would strike while the iron is hot may have been correct, and the Administration may be doing it in a way that does not require them to even get a vote in Congress. In this morning's edition of the Shooting Wire, Jim Shepherd writes that Canadian officials have it on "good authority" our State Department may be on the verge of cutting off all imports of certain calibers of ammunition.

Ammos listed for this rumored ban include the .50BMG, 7.62x39mm Soviet, 7.62x51mm NATO, .308 Winchester, 5.56 NATO and .223 Remington. Additionally, we're hearing that an expansion of this proposed ban might be broadened to include the 6.8mm SPC, 9mm Parabellum, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP- among others.

In other words, State Department officials may be floating a trial balloon to see if there are howls of protest, or whimpers of compliance. Canadian elected officials who have directed this information to me say the move seems to be motivated by "emboldened" anti-gun officials who think they have a kindred spirit in President Obama.
Shepherd continues that there may also be a plan to ban exports on certain firearms to Canada from the US, resulting in the State Department hammering gun manufacturers, distributors and exporters in the United States while simultaneously making firearms -and ammunition - ownership and acquisition more difficult for Canadians.

Many in the pro-rights community have said since the election that Obama could circumvent Congress by using regulations in his various cabinet departments to attack gun owners. It appears that it may have already begun.

No NAU

imported post

I see a great business opportunity to franchise a series of munitions manufacturers within all states that do not export across state lines.

Anyone want to invest?:D

AbNo

imported post

No NAU wrote:
I see a great business opportunity to franchise a series of munitions manufacturers within all states that do not export across state lines.

Hey, if Georgia Arms can do it....

KansasMustang

imported post

No NAU wrote:

Or,,,one can also have a sufficient stock on hand that even if it means not getting in much practice before the SHTF one will have sufficient ammuntion to TCOB when the house of cards comes crashing down.
John has a long mustache,,
Keep your powder dry!

YllwFvr

imported post

I keep a minimum stock for Ol' Ironsides my trusty rifle. Enough to hunt and drive off baddies for a good long while. And my ammo was not in that list. Was there some left out?