• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock G21 (.45 ACP)

Joed757

imported post

well i own a 21 sf. Just to get this thread going. Im thinking of putting a custom chrome barrell in it i seen a vid showing even tho the glock is a good gun the barrell could be better so im thinking of getting a chrome one of gold can anyone help me with this issue?fyi my barrell leg is 4.6

curtiswr

imported post

Joed757 wrote:
well i own a 21 sf. Just to get this thread going. Im thinking of putting a custom chrome barrell in it i seen a vid showing even tho the glock is a good gun the barrell could be better so im thinking of getting a chrome one of gold can anyone help me with this issue?fyi my barrell leg is 4.6
http://www.efkfiredragon.com/proddetail.php?prod=GK2145SB

Stainless steel, but you could polish it probably.

thnycav

imported post

I was thinking about getting a Glock 21 but I did get the Glock 30 instead. Easier to conceal. The only thing I might do to my Glock is get some big dot sights for it. Beyond that I will leave it the way it is. There is no need to mess with it and mess it up. It is a tool not fashion statement.

Joed757

imported post

putting a stainless steel barrell in it makes it a better tool not a fashion statement. It makes the shot more accurate, now if i was to get it painted gold that would make it a fashion statement which I have decided I will not do. Congradulations on you Glock 30 my friend also has that so it was no need for me to get the same gun. Plus the 21 fits my frame.Thanks for the fashion/tool explanation you given....

Joed757

imported post

Also I was thinking of getting some dots as well. No need for me to conceal yet my friend Im only 20 I can only open carry you know. So getting something compact right now really cant do me any good. Have you heard anything about the .50 cal glock conversion kit? I was thinking of getting that

thnycav

imported post

The Glock 30 you can still open carry it. It is far from a tiny gun. I have done my homework on the two and read many reviews that say that the 30 is morebetter the 21. I do like the idea of firing 45. I did fire 1911s in the Army and was on the combat pistol team for the 101st Abn for a year. Great duty. I was just kidding about the barrel. I do though like it the way it is and do not think it needs to be improved.

Joed757

imported post

Same here I love the glock barrell he glock guy at the shop keeps telling me putting a custom one in will make it even better for me. I shot my friends glock 30 and my 21 Saturday and they seemed to hit the same and recoil too. Theonly difference was size to me.Which does make the difference due to concealment. I didnt know I could get and extended grip until after the fact so I just rolled with it. Just those 13 shots is the difference to me and the sf release button.I only put 100 rounds threw the 21sf so far.Just my first gun I think I will be a glock man to the grave. I kepp hearing about these 1911's I know nothing about these guns.Whats so good about them?

thnycav

imported post

To be honest it sounds like the gun shop wants to sell a barrel. You do know the 21 magazines do work in the 30, but really with 45 you really do not need to hit them more than a couple times to take them out. You do not need anything more that ball ammo to do it with as well.

The 1911 is just a very good reliable work horse. It can take a lot of abuse and still work. They accurate on the pistol team we where firing the arms room 1911s at 25 and 50 meters in matches.

Joed757

imported post

Yea my friend put my clip into his 30 it stuck out but the grip didnt change so i didnt like it. However I've been told that the other .45 clips can take the sf 13rd mag but i cant put those old clips into it. But Im not sure. Im thinking of getting a glock collection myself. You may be right about that selling of a barrell I trust Bob's gunshop too at the same time.Because, at one point i went in there buying items I didnt need that came up to around $50.00 and he asked what i wanted to do and i said clean my gun and he took all that crap back and brung my a buddle for half of the price.So they built a trust with me that day.

I have yet to fire a 1911 i think i will soon tif i can find one to shoot around here.I've only shoot a glock 21,21sf,glock 20,glock 17 and H&K usp.45 so Im a real rookie at this.:cool:

thnycav

imported post

I bought mine at a gunshop out near Wakefield. Got a good deal on it $549 and a box of 50 rounds with it. 230 grain ball. Like I said I was thinking about the 21 I still might get one. The Army I hear is getting the 21.

The main thing is there is that you need to find the gun you feel comfortable firing and using. That is why they do make so many different ones.

Joed757

imported post

The army stoped it. The word is there is not enough money for it so there not getting it so they say. Your right about that my total came to about 610.00 no bullets what so ever. I have a question what does the grain ammo mean? Does it make it better whats the best hollow point you think? I got some fed ones now. I need to get my knowledge up

thnycav

imported post

The grain is the weight of the lead projectile. 45 Auto (ACP) 165 gr +P Pow'R Ball Corbon I hear that is one of the best for the 45. Good defenceive round.