• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Senator Gillibrand of New York has removed the guns she kept under her bid.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Be sure to hit the poll:

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/politics/ny-usgill0217,0,903835.story

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) has moved the two rifles that she kept under the bed to protect her upstate New York home, her spokesman Matt Canter said Monday.

"Given that the location of the guns has been disclosed, they have been moved for security reasons," Canter said.

Gillibrand found a new place to store her guns over the weekend while she was upstate to endorse Democrat Scott Murphy in the March 31 special election being held to choose her successor to represent the 20th District in Congress.

Gillibrand disclosed she had two guns under her bed in an interview with Newsday last week. An aide later said the guns were rifles -- she won one in a county fair raffle while campaigning -- and that she kept them for home security.

Canter also said that the safety measure that the mother of two young children followed to ensure her family would be unharmed was keeping the bullets separate from the two rifles.

This Friday, Gillibrand will make her first visit as U.S. senator to Long Island, home of Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-Mineola), a gun-control activist who has threatened a primary challenge to the new senator in 2010 over the gun issue.

TFred

imported post

Political ramifications aside, I don't publish the fact that I keep firearms in my house either. This is the primary reason why I refuse to obtain a Virginia CHP as long as my private information is treated as "public record".

TFred

AbNo

imported post

I have no problem with it (18804 responses)
poll-bar.gif
96.9%
I don't care, but how does her husband feel? (144 responses)
poll-bar.gif
0.7%
Why does she need guns? (311 responses)
poll-bar.gif
1.6%
It's insensitive to gun violence victims (140 responses)
poll-bar.gif
0.7%

:D

crotalus01

imported post

You would think that gun violence victims woukd be the first ones who would want to become gun owners/bearers to level the playing field for any future encounters...:banghead:

LiveFreeOrDie

Opt-Out Members
imported post

crotalus01 wrote:
You would think that gun violence victims woukd be the first ones who would want to become gun owners/bearers to level the playing field for any future encounters...:banghead:
Many are!