• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UN wants our bailout money

Tekman

imported post

http://www.foxnews.com/video-search/m/21880520/un_bailout.htm

" The guess they say wants a piece of the bailout[/b] the United[/b] Nations[/b] that's right. The times of London reporting this morning that the UN and the World Bank what a big chunk chunk of our taxpayer money. They say the money will go to help people in other parts of the world who've been hit by the global economic crisis should American taxpayers see their money go to. People outside the US. With us now is Matthew Italy he spends his days inside the United[/b] Nations[/b] for the inner city moves his website inner city news.com and mr. Lee is a nuisance."
" Too many AUN official with this hard hitting questions and joins us now. Matthew. What is this about that that they want to grab a chunk of the bailout[/b] bank bailout[/b] funds to go overseas."
" Yeah no I think it it does kind of smack of kind of opportunism are almost like ambulance chasing me and I think it. There is an argument could be made that that that this global financial crisis -- have -- we'll have you know not only affect on -- US homeowners but you know people in in the developing world that no longer have. Manufacturing jobs but my real question which is whether the UN is the is the thing is that is the right. You know that whether they have even the credibility to be -- a mechanism to sort of invoke that the problems of the poor and say therefore give us name 1 point 7% of of this stimulus package -- that's that's Robert Zoeller said -- dollars --"
" Right there they want. How much of the stimulus package and how much in dollars."
" Or they're using they're using this zero point 7% figure which is a figure that the European[/b] Union[/b] and the UN came up with with what. The percentage of people's gross national product that should be should be devoted to the poor but so on the stimulus package Robert Zoellick said that should be six billion dollars of the at that time he said it was an eight you know 825 billion dollars stimulus 787 but. It's still would be over five billion dollars in the argument. There's not a lot of detail in terms of how would be if the if the money's just turned over to the UN number one more than half that would be spent on salary. We've had reason to do to find out that when he convert currency in countries like Burma. They lose up to 25% of that the government so it sort of it really was I think that some of the people making the proposal our our you know mean well but there's not that that the lack of credibility of how the -- know how the money would be spent makes it pretty outrageous proposal."
" I know that nations officials say of course there in place for their services for these programs they have the point seven 7%. Figure for their millennium goals which they want the US a folks if you don't know about that they want that amount of RG NP every year. To go through the United[/b] Nations[/b] programs in the Bush Administration. Did not do that although they supported those goals the Obama administration supports the goals in the and the present during the campaign said that that's something we should do you think that could happen."
" But I mean again I almost want to sort of I think the first first things first it's in what what hasn't been resolved whatever whatever position you take on whether it should move from zero point two which I think is the current US figure to zero point seven. Is again credibility and accountability of this of of the of the UN's mechanisms and -- The very head of that that the PUN entity making this pitch at the Rome you're making his pitch at the Rome meeting of the G seven recently. So -- UN millennium campaign which is there kind of appeal are wanted to ask for money for the poor the problem is the director of the UN millennium campaign was found to be. Taking taking money from a government to rent a penthouse in Manhattan it was illegal and instead of throwing around they actually defended her so I think that. Is it the problem is we heard the money would go and I think. Any Obama administration let's say that it is as good as it says more committed to -- problems in developing world although bush actually did quite have been on on malaria and aids and things in Africa. If they are more committed the way they can help. The poor would be to demand. True reform and and and clean up within the United[/b] Nations[/b] and then we could get we can talk about whether I think I think I think -- this time for four for a cut of the bailout[/b] is very opportunistic and again like it's kind of ambulance -- I just want to correct one thing -- that inner city press. Deputy not to be too self serving the inner city press that --"
" Yeah self serving as as you want Macedonian you're running this Sunday morning inner city press -- dot com is your website and you are in -- at the United[/b] Nations[/b] as we know that those news conferences."
" Following went on not only that in the document to get it just I think the other both -- and I've never looked into the story of the UN development program in North[/b] Korea[/b] where they took. Money ostensibly for the war and it's ended up essentially backing up the military government of Kim -- else I think. All I'm all these fronts it that the reason that even the defenders of the United[/b] Nations[/b] need to understand that that that programs like that need to be cleaned up and fully transparent before I can come with a --"
" So are up against a heartbreak Matthew in our city press dot com seeing at the UN will get a piece of the bill that's. A picture and that."

suntzu

imported post

The "Useless Nations" and the "world bank" should be told to go to hell. I don't give a **** about the third world--they fought and destroyed their own countries. We need to get this country back in order with our priorities straight and worry more about our nation than we do worrying about the rest of the world--and THEN maybe consider trying to help out some other countries in need.

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Huh?
Was this article translated, badly, from some foreign language?
I can't make heads or tails out of the first couple paragraphs.
" The guess they say wants a piece of the bailout the United Nations that's right. The times of London reporting this morning that the UN and the World Bank what a big chunk chunk of our taxpayer money. They say the money will go to help people in other parts of the world who've been hit by the global economic crisis should American taxpayers see their money go to. People outside the US. With us now is Matthew Italy he spends his days inside the United Nations for the inner city moves his website inner city news.com and mr. Lee is a nuisance."
Everybody else seems to get it. I guess I'm just slow this morning.

No NAU

imported post

Note to federal government and the UNfederal (UNconstitutional, illegal) Reserve, please reference avatar to left.

<----------------------

RogueWarrior

imported post

SCREW the UN they are useless :cuss: but knowing how the democraps work I bet they try and give it to them :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: