• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Some very...very very bad news.

b1ack5mith

imported post

i dont want to get deployed, but if i had a choice, id rather be deployed to a combat zone rather than some sissy country like france ;) im not really sure what i want to be yet, im a very indecisive person when it comes to a job, which is why i wanted military... to hope to give me some direction, you know?

P.S. i heard that CA-NG do NOT deploy. is this true? ill ask the CA forum too, but ill have to include OC to stay on topic :D

b1ack5mith

imported post

mmk so ive been lookin into medic, and it looks pretty good, i may or may not do it (might not have the option, right?) i found out its like 5 months of AIT(?) id say gettin paid for 5 months of work is worth it in itself!

while in AIT, can i see family? leave base? go on the comp often?

if you fail AIT for medic school the first time, you get sent to a different company (i think) and if you fail it again, youre pretty much screwed and have to find another MOS... so... lets say i get a 50,000$ bonus for choosing medic... if i dropped out (which would probably not happen because im a study boy haha) and the army gives me another MOS, would i lose the bonus for signing up as combat medic?

b1ack5mith

imported post

The AFQT is comprised of your test results in Arithmetic Reasoning (AR), Math Knowledge (MK), and Verbal Composite (VE) x 2. Your Verbal Composite score is a combination of your Word Knowledge and Paragraph Comprehension scores.
Check out the following AFQT qualifying scores for each branch of service.

army minimum is 31 AFQT...

word knowledgex2+paragraph compx2+arithmetic reasoning+math knowledge = your AFQT right? i scored 112, and the min for 68w was somethin like 70+ so im pretty much set lol. i was so worried about my score! the score WAS how many i answered correct in each category, right?

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
word knowledgex2+paragraph compx2+arithmetic reasoning+math knowledge = your AFQT right? i scored 112, and the min for 68w was somethin like 70+ so im pretty much set lol. i was so worried about my score! the score WAS how many i answered correct in each category, right?

No, the score you received for each part of the test is a percentage.

Also, it is not possible to receive an AFQT score higher than 99.

AFQT scores are not raw scores, but rather percentile scores indicating how each examinee performed compared with all other examinees.

If your AFQT score was 112, this would mean that you scored better than 112 percent of all other examinees.

Your AFQT score should have been given to you, along with your GT score.

thx997303

imported post

If you fail out of W school you may risk losing your bonus.
Really depends on your unit if you join a reserve component.

When you're in AIT what privileges you have depends on your phase.
Just like at basic.

When you first get there you will be Phase 4. You have to attend formations on the weekends, you cannot go off post, you cannot smoke or drink, and you cannot ride in or drive a Privately Owned Vehicle.

After roughly four weeks, if you pass your PT test, are not pending any UCMJ, and are in good academic standing, then you will be "phased" to phase 5, which allows you to smoke, drink, go off post, ride in and drive POVs, you can apply for overnight passes on the weekends, wear civilian clothes, and you won't have to attend formations on the weekends.

If you are at AIT long enough, and remain in good standing you will reach phase 5+ which allows overnight passes on the weekends, you can live off post if you so desire, and you no longer need a "battle buddy"

:banghead: IMHO, the battle buddy system is just another way to justify mass punishment in the training environment.

"Well he did it, but you're his battle buddy so it's your fault to, as a matter of fact, it's the entire companies fault! You're all battle buddies! You're all in trouble!":banghead:

thx997303

imported post

Oh, and yes you can bring your family down, but I would wait until you hit phase 5 and the company that does the training for W is stricter with their privileges.

Most people fail out of W school because of injuries. It's much like basic training in the physical aspect. So just keep driving on. You will have to pass the national EMT certification course.