• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My Draw Down On A Meth Freak

SteveInAshand

imported post

This is one of the situations I walked into for lack of a better term "eye wide shut" <----- that will start to mean something as you read on.

Let me set this up, I was a small time car dealer , ok jeloppy hustler, shiester I think they call it in German, Puto Chingadara was my nick name in Mexican at least that was what the Mexicans who bought most of my cars would yell from a block away after they would buy one of my rolling wreaks as it over heated.

This took place in San Diego in the 90's, I got a call to come out and buy a 67 mustang fast back with with a kick butt hi po engine loaded with goodies , it only had a bad trani for 500 bucks !!! ;)

I dropped everything and immediately drive out to the lower middle class neighborhood called Clairmont in San Diego around 4pm looking for the address so I can "score" on this great deal that I can flip over for a couple grand profit right away.

Well I am driving my tow truck ( old stick shift 75 Dodge ) slowly down the street looking for the address squinting with my poor eyesight, I am blind in the right eye, and my only good is is my bad eye.

Now that I lost my right eye in a gun fight not to long ago I REALLY dont like me left eye, I didn't like my left eye much when I had two , but now it for sure, my left eye is an A-hole jerk.

I mean my right eye and me, we were pals we were tight, we would shoot rifles, pistols and stare at wild game thru a spotting scope together for hours at a time.

My left eye didt like it, he was a a possesive jelous freak, all I ever asked of him was to watch that side so no one seeks up on me at Taco Bell, stop lights and when I blew my predator call, justy keep an eye out while "righty" and me spot game and shoot stuff.

So here we go, im in the tow truck, lefty is in charge now and he is squinting and staring , pointiing his hazel lazy ball at the small fuzzy numbers trying to get me to gues which address my wonder deal Mustange is housed.

So I am sqwinting trying to see the addresses on the front of the houses, I passed by one house with a 20 something white guy sitting on the porch and he thought I was "mad dogging" him, that is staring at him as I drove by.

Come to find out that he is a crystal meth fiend a looser who beats his older mom & dad as he lives off them.

So he comes jumping off the porch now running down the middle of the street after me & my tow truck, yelling mother f***r this, and mother f*** that at me :cuss: .

At the same time I see a beautiful 67 stang with polished Cragar racing wheels on fat wrinkle walls , nice shiny paint , and spotless chrome I mean this car is "boobs" baby and the owner sitting there waiting for me about 4 houses down.

So I got a highly animated cussing skeleton running after me and my truck for no good reason,:shock: and a guy who wants to hand me a couple thousand dollars of hot rod car at the same time, *sigh.:?

I stop one house short of the stang over so I can get rid of the freak, the freak jumps up on the back of my tow truck and starts to beat and kick my back window, I jump the clutch and toss him off the back of my truck and now he is running back to my side of the truck and grabbing at the handle and trying to brake in the window in a frothing rage.

I know I can more than likely beat him up he is not big or strong looking but he is young obviously on drugs and demonically possessed, s I know it mite be a tooth looser snapped nose or cut lip deal in order to get in on him and put him down & out.

I grab my Dan Wesson 357 ( loved that gun ) from the glove box jam it into my pants and jump out to beat him off with fist and feet , possibly toss him once or twice.

He sees the gun in my front waist band as I advance on him to kick him so I can close the gap and throw him or put a submission hold or perhaps a muai tai knee or whatever else opens itself to giving him at the moment.

He backs up to the back of my tow truck and grabs a J-hook ( long chain with a big metal hook on the end ) he swings is at me and says mother F****r as it slams into the side of my town truck as I back peddle , he swings the chain my way on the second pass, my truck is stopped wit the ignition off now.

I pull Dan out and point it at him, he drops the J-hook and say's "go ahead and shoot me mother f****r" really loud "do it DO IT !!!" and starts to walk with his arms spread out in a kind of target type spread, all the while walking at me only a few yard distance.

I lower the gun down to his nuts cock it ( I just improvised ) and said "I am not going to kill you I am going to shoot your testicles off and watch you die in slow agony" :cool:.

It was one of those fantasy Dirty Harry moments mixed with the stark reality that I am not in a movie, it was weird & surreal at best.

He freezes as the little squirrel on the wheel in his head starts to turn and ponder his future misery and backs up and starts to walk away all the while yelling obscenities at me.

I jumped on the cell phone called the cop's to CYA, they arrive (10 min later :X)

"After" I bought the car, they the cops say they know him they have arrested him for assault many times before and that he beats his old mom & dad and sucks off them and so they go drag him off the jail.

The cops don't even care that I have a gun in my front waist band as I talk to them, in fact they admired it as it was the one that came with a fully lugged barrel and extra short & long barrels in a nice box.
The cops and I shot the sheot for awhile then they left and I got the car. :celebrate

This could have gotten REAL bad fast and I could have got myself in deep deep doo doo, in hind site my ego almost got me in jail or at least defending myself over what could have been a bad shooting.

I bluffed and bull @#$%ed my way out of a situation that could have been very different.

I did learn a lot over that one, and would not play it quite that way again.

I did not back down because of money, plain & simple , back then I did not care one bit about the 2A, lofty morals or about my right to be about my business without fear of assault or my right to defend myself.

I only cared about being armed to kill a freak , a freak or two who wants to take what is mine plain & simple.

I wanted that mustang and I was not going to leave that car because I knew he (the seller) had called someone else and dam it I have a living to make and the freak must leave now or die.

I learned that the male ego ( both mine and his ego) can get us hurt , in jail and or killed.:banghead:

So there you have it, I will share some more encounters with wild animals, a few that came to shooting, injury & death when I am ready

SteveInAshand

imported post

4armed Architect wrote:
Steve,
Well presented(both the self-defense and the story). Lived in Ashland for a bit and Medford for a year or so. Did this happen in Ashland or somewhere down towards Medford?

Good job!
No, it was in San Diego back in the 90's.

I have not had any trouble myself up here in southern Oregon in the 5 years I have been here, but my friend did and he had to draw down on a zombie in Selma at the gas station there 2 years ago.

Perhaps I will relay that one from his telling me all about it some day, as you would guess his encounter was with a felon/ meth head too don't you know :?

BRDouglas

imported post

That was one great demonstration in self control that you have. If that had happened here where I live in KY or TN that guy would have been fair game the moment he picked up the J-hook because that puts him in possession of a deadly weapon and he had already threatened you with bodily harm. Ive heard of thugs on the news get blown away here for way less than what that guy was doing and the shooters walk with no consequences at all. Might be why crime levels are so much lower here than they are in CA. Thanks for sharing that experience. BRD

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Man that is a really tough situation, I'm not quite sure what I would do in a position like that, but I'm glad you didn't end up having a body laying on the street and a possible lawsuit or jailtime.

Carry on ;)

FMCDH

imported post

BRDouglas wrote:
Ive heard of thugs on the news get blown away here for way less than what that guy was doing and the shooters walk with no consequences at all. Might be why crime levels are so much lower here than they are in CA.

Could also have to do with the small issue of virtually no one in California carries afirearm except for the criminals.

Ever wonder why there seems to be a direct correlation of why the violentdrug heads live in the middle of nowhere in states where firearms carry is common, and in the middle of the cities where its not?

We have a lot of homeless and drug users in Seattle, but not a lot of violent ones as they have a tendency not to last long.

SteveInAshand

imported post

BRDouglas wrote:
That was one great demonstration in self control that you have. If that had happened here where I live in KY or TN that guy would have been fair game the moment he picked up the J-hook because that puts him in possession of a deadly weapon and he had already threatened you with bodily harm. Ive heard of thugs on the news get blown away here for way less than what that guy was doing and the shooters walk with no consequences at all. Might be why crime levels are so much lower here than they are in CA. Thanks for sharing that experience. BRD
Thanks for Your comments you guy's.

Hummmm I don't know if I can describe it as self control, so much as a knowing of who I am.

Without going into all the ego based tuff guy talk, I just knew I was ok and did not need to shoot him, at least not at that time.

I could not justify shooting him, I ad already been in 2 shootings in my life, and because I dogged the Jhook swings, I was too quick to get caught standing still, many people for many reasons could not jump out of the way like I did and thus would be perfectly justified in shooting him.

Strange but I have never had feeling of retribution or revenge, its more like detached & objective allowance, allowance to shoot or not to shoot all the while watching the rage of another person as I seem to be above it all, does that sound strange ?

At that time I was into ice hockey, lots of beach running and 2 martial arts so I was zippy fast ,really balanced , strong and full of piss & vinegar even with only 1 eye.

I go back to that movie set fantasy feeling , it felt almost fun in a bizarre way , "except" I was trying to conduct urgent business , it was starting to get frustrating I was almost wanting to stay engaged with the freak at the same time I needed the money , I actually felt kind of torn.

I was a jerk, I wanted to be a movie star in my own mind out in the middle of the street acting like Chuck Noris.

I think I wanted attention as much as he wanted attention in hos own suicidal way.

I wanted to play at what I was training for not wanting to realize it was deadly, I dont know if that really explains it, but self control was not what I was about it only looked that way from the outside.

I was actually OUT of control and should have not even stopped as I had already been in more than my share of serious situations before this one.

Hope that put more light onto my warped motives and unsafe reasons for engaging him in a deadly escalation.

1FASTC4

imported post

Just so I have this straight, you had a gun tucked into your waistband and were going to engage in close quarters combat; thus bringing your very poorly retained handgun into easy reach of your assailant.

He sees the gun in my front waist band as I advance on him to kick him so I can close the gap and throw him or put a submission hold or perhaps a muai tai knee

Is this correct? If I'm mistaken please correct me.

SteveInAshand

imported post

1FASTC4 wrote:
Just so I have this straight, you had a gun tucked into your waistband and were going to engage in close quarters combat; thus bringing your very poorly retained handgun into easy reach of your assailant.

He sees the gun in my front waist band as I advance on him to kick him so I can close the gap and throw him or put a submission hold or perhaps a muai tai knee

Is this correct? If I'm mistaken please correct me.
Yup, that is how cocky & confident (egotistical & stupid ) I was back then.

You see I had already survived two full blown shootings / shootouts, what ever you want to call them.

I had been drawn down on by gang members a few times even before that.

I had been in a "lot" of street scraps & fights, jumped in on by up to 3 dudes and walked away.

I have been stabed badly once.

Hell , I litteraly walked away and into the ER on my own power even from the shootout where I lost and eye and my nose !!! ( ultra long story )

So whats a little meth weasel to me .

If he was an NFL linebacker on steroids then I would have drawn on him immediately as he would have kicked the back window in or slammed his fist through the drivers side and yanked me out the window, unlike the 170lbs meth monkey who could not smash in my back window.

That was my mindset.

P.S. In California as a friend of ours mentioned above Californians are "conditioned" to submit, ( I was conditioned too ) to not wear a holster, but to keep a gun stashed away unloaded and thus useless, or tucked into a waist band for a quik jaunt to WalyWorld at midnight without a holster.