• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Popular music teacher kills armed intruder

45acpForMe

imported post

Ironbar wrote:
The world we live in would be a very different place if I had my way. To hell with prisons for violent criminals.

Jails just cost money. Punishment should be swift and physical. The level of physicallity is directly related to the crime severity. Just as in old times rape, murder, adultery were punishable by death. Others like theft can be dealt with with 30 lashes.

Take a teenager that steals a car. After 30 lashes (or caining) the next car won't look so good to steal. :)

Milbars

imported post

I find it funny that they had to put this young man in such a fantastic light "never got in trouble, blah blah" then bury his PRIOR CONVICTIONS inbetween the "good" kid and the "militaristic" music teacher. Thanks for always being on the side of the good guy media-types!

Glock It

imported post

You guys dont know any of the story other than what you read in one article..

I am sure some people on here are good people but from what I seen the people w/high post counts are total pariahs in real life I imagine.

Anyway this guy Harrison that you guys think did the right thing blah blah , perhaps perform some due diligence on those you hook your wagon to..

The guy that broke in his house was looking for JUSTICE.. his niece was RAPED by this so called great teacher.. as a matter of fact Mr Harrison has been locked up since this incident for rapeing no less than a half dozen children that were under his care..more kids are coming forward almost weekly... this guy was a genius though, not only did he rape the kids, but took pics of the action and saved them to his home computer..

Thats OK I guess as him being a gun owner and shooting this "intruder" makes him a hero in some of your eyes.. and from what Ironbar said.. he DESERVED to be killed.. yes genius he sure did.. so you too deserve to be killed if some guy rapes your kid and yougo outfor justice..

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

This is exactly what I have been talking about Glock It. If you have knowledge /information to define situation, cite it. Do not leave it to others.

Judgment reserved in this case, that's why we have grand juries.

If attempting to take the law into his own hand is what got the intruder shot, he demonstrated poor choice selection, IMHO.

Yata hey

nobucks

imported post

I can't speak to why the intruder was in his house, but I did find a link to the sex charges against the teacher:

Charges filed against teacher

Assuming it's true that Tomlin was there to bring "justice" on Miller, and that it is even understandable, doesn't change the fact that when Tomlin entered Miller's home he was acting criminally, and Miller was within his rights to defend his family, even though he is a scumbag (alleged).

Joel

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Glock It wrote:
You guys dont know any of the story other than what you read in one article..
This is the part where your posting links to the new information and updated news stories proves especially helpful. We discuss the information at hand. If new information comes out we address that and most of us are will to admit a mea culpa if new/updated information disproves one of our conceptions or conclusions.

Glock It wrote:
I am sure some people on here are good people but from what I seen the people w/high post counts are total pariahs in real life I imagine.
WTF? What did we do to you? I've hardly been on OCDO over the last several months. I am pretty sure that my social, residential, business and family circles would not consider me a pariah. Well, my wife might, but she is mad at me at the moment.
Glock It wrote:
Anyway this guy Harrison that you guys think did the right thing blah blah , perhaps perform some due diligence on those you hook your wagon to..
No wagon hooking ongoing. It is a discussion about the situation and facts as reported. You could provide valuable contribution to the forum by posting follow-up information and helping us round out that story. We do not approach this as a jury, making final decisions based on all the evidence. The forum discussions evolve and adapt as facts and information become available or change the complexion of the issue.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'm definitely a pariah; and damn proud of it! Normal is engineered failure. I cannot tolerate the company of the average, and that is, by definition, just about everyone.

Thanks! I take it as a compliment. I'm so far 'out there' that I can't even relate to you 'normal' people. Celebration of average is an embarrassment unto itself. Aim higher, maybe I'll get some company...

noname762

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:
"I don't believe he did it. He wasn't the type to get in trouble. He got along with everybody," said Tomlin's cousin, Kena Robinson, 30. "Whenever he wasn't at home watching my kids, he was at the labor pool."
How can someone be so delusional?  How can you believe he didn't do it, when he was there, shot to death in this guy's house?  Not like the real criminal got away and this guy was just the decoy.  He had 6 convictions, so a past of violent behavior, and I guarantee the kid wasn't just "sipping beers".  Guess he WAS the type to get into trouble, and the trouble got him, but good.

I'm just glad the article doesn't dwell on this insanity too much, but I'd like to just take these people by the shoulders, shake them a bit while yelling in their face: "COME BACK TO REALITY!" 

The whole anti-gun movement is people just like this, that are completely delusional and psychotic, and we let these people influence politics to the degree they do.....unreal. :banghead:

+1.... openmouthed... shaking head... :what:

"Yeah, because Miller and his wife, at 2am, kidnapped Tomlin, dragged him in their house, stuck a gun in his hand JUST so they could shoot him dead and accuse him of armed burglary.  That makes sense.  Just like someone who has been arrested 6 times in 2 years isn't the type to get in trouble.  :quirky"

That hadda be it!  Case closed! 

Now we need to do a poll among the "I have a gun" folks...

I have assault rifles for home defense

1: I have large caliber handguns for home defense

2: I have larger caliber handguns for home defense

3: I have assorted 12 ga shotguns for home defense

4: I have "no mercy" for a home invader
I have a WWII Stuart in front of my house. Some folks have a pink flamingo in their yard. My flamingo is OD and has a 37MM gun.
Covering the front door (inside the house) is a 37MM antitank gun.
I don't see a BG getting past me.

eddyys

imported post

GWbiker wrote:
Now we need to do a poll among the "I have a gun" folks...

I have a ______ for home defense

1:I have a small caliber handgun for home defense

2:I have a large caliberhandgun for home defense

3: I have a shotgun for home defense

4: I have "something special" waiting for ahome invader :D

Don't forget #5: I have all of the above:celebrate
1. Glock
2. 1911 .45
3. Stalker 10 Gauge (nothing like a 5in. hole in your target)
4. "Inglorious Bastards" stlye bowie knife. (won't use unless in a scuffle which shouldn't happen unless the Glock jams. Yah right.)
5. Check.

zack991

imported post

A gunfight ensued. It wasn't immediately clear who fired the first shot, but after a brief exchange of gunfire, the masked intruder stumbled toward the glass door, where he collapsed and died, Palenzuela said.

Best part of the report, I will not shed a tear for this idiot.

Tomlin's friends and family described him as a quiet, fun-loving man who played football and basketball and lifted weights. He had a 2-year-old son, Rashard Jr. Darryl Woodson, 21, Tomlin's friend and roommate, said they often would sit up nights sipping beers and spinning freestyle rap lyrics.

"Last time I saw him was 2 a.m. this morning," Woodson said Monday afternoon. "We were all sitting down, drinking, and then all of a sudden he came and got his beer and said, 'I'll be right back.' And he left. And we ain't seen him since."

Tomlin was arrested six times since 2006 on charges including aggravated battery and violating probation, state records show.

Here we go again with, "MY BABY DIDN"T DO NOTHING, HOW DARE YOU DEFEND YOURSELF"

"I don't believe he did it. He wasn't the type to get in trouble."

I guess they don't seem to think getting arrested six times does not make them a trouble maker. Family members like this make me sick more then the criminal. NOTHING BUT EXCUSES.

If the teacher was truly a sex offend let the courts handle it. The BG who was shot was no model citizen and the teacher being a possible sex offender does not make what this bg do as ok. If attempting to take the law into his own hand is what got the intruder shot, he demonstrated poor choice selection.

B

Bikenut

imported post

As much as we, as people, like to confuse the issue with extraneous factors the plain truth.... backed up by law... is:

When a human being, any human being, is in fear for their life they have the RIGHT to defend themselves.

PERIOD!

It doesn't matter if we, as people, think one or the other persons involved "deserved" what they got.

It doesn't matter if both Tomlin and Miller were bad guys, each in their own way,... when Tomlin attacked Miller.. Miller was justified in defending his own life. PERIOD.