Thread: my chp was denied in stafford

Post imported post

Ok it seems as though i have nothing good to say about the Stafford County sheriffs department anymore. I have been stopped and questioned 3 times in 2 months none were good experiences. all seemed to happen at target on 610 all while i was waiting on my chp. Now i received a letter saying my chp was denied because I didn't disclose a conviction. It was a misdermeanor "unauthorized use" charge from Manassas. I am a little infurated because the case was supposed to have been dismissed. It was my fathers car the judge said if my father wanted the charges would be dropped if i kept my nose clean for a year, well i did. I guess i am just venting I am filing for an appealIhope things get better down here. Stafford is for the birds

Post imported post

Whatever happened after that first report you posted a while back?

TFred

Post imported post

I submitted an FOIA request and recevied nothing I dont know where to go to take action and have little funds although i have a voice recorder now and got the last incident recorded

Post imported post

call me.

www.virginialegaldefense.com

btw, you'd better take action quickly, there's a time limit for the appeal. make copies of everything you file and get them file-stamped by the clerk's office as you file the original.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

sloe3075 wrote:
    It was my fathers car the judge said if my father wanted the charges would be dropped if i kept my nose clean for a year, well i did.
    Unless you closed the loop with the court and specifically asked it to be vacated then it wasn't and it is still on your record as a conviction. My son had a similar experience. His lawyer wrote a letter to the court and got it off his record. It wasn't hard and didn't take long.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

sloe3075 wrote:
    Ok it seems as though i have nothing good to say about the Stafford County sheriffs department anymore. I have been stopped and questioned 3 times in 2 months none were good experiences. all seemed to happen at target on 610 all while i was waiting on my chp. Now i received a letter saying my chp was denied because I didn't disclose a conviction. It was a misdermeanor "unauthorized use" charge from Manassas. I am a little infurated because the case was supposed to have been dismissed. It was my fathers car the judge said if my father wanted the charges would be dropped if i kept my nose clean for a year, well i did. I guess i am just venting I am filing for an appealIhope things get better down here. Stafford is for the birds
    I'm confused....

Did you disclose the conviction on your application, or did you simply not list it since you believed that it had been dismissed?
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/