• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

my chp was denied in stafford

sloe3075

imported post

Ok it seems as though i have nothing good to say about the Stafford County sheriffs department anymore. I have been stopped and questioned 3 times in 2 months none were good experiences. all seemed to happen at target on 610 all while i was waiting on my chp. Now i received a letter saying my chp was denied because I didn't disclose a conviction. It was a misdermeanor "unauthorized use" charge from Manassas. I am a little infurated because the case was supposed to have been dismissed. It was my fathers car the judge said if my father wanted the charges would be dropped if i kept my nose clean for a year, well i did. I guess i am just venting I am filing for an appealIhope things get better down here. Stafford is for the birds:cuss:

sloe3075

imported post

I submitted an FOIA request and recevied nothing I dont know where to go to take action and have little funds although i have a voice recorder now and got the last incident recorded

user

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

call me.

www.virginialegaldefense.com

btw, you'd better take action quickly, there's a time limit for the appeal. make copies of everything you file and get them file-stamped by the clerk's office as you file the original.

jegoodin

imported post

sloe3075 wrote:
It was my fathers car the judge said if my father wanted the charges would be dropped if i kept my nose clean for a year, well i did.
Unless you closed the loop with the court and specifically asked it to be vacated then it wasn't and it is still on your record as a conviction. My son had a similar experience. His lawyer wrote a letter to the court and got it off his record. It wasn't hard and didn't take long.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

sloe3075 wrote:
Ok it seems as though i have nothing good to say about the Stafford County sheriffs department anymore. I have been stopped and questioned 3 times in 2 months none were good experiences. all seemed to happen at target on 610 all while i was waiting on my chp. Now i received a letter saying my chp was denied because I didn't disclose a conviction. It was a misdermeanor "unauthorized use" charge from Manassas. I am a little infurated because the case was supposed to have been dismissed. It was my fathers car the judge said if my father wanted the charges would be dropped if i kept my nose clean for a year, well i did. I guess i am just venting I am filing for an appealIhope things get better down here. Stafford is for the birds:cuss:

I'm confused....

Did you disclose the conviction on your application, or did you simply not list it since you believed that it had been dismissed?