• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can my employer search my vehichle without a warrant?

HuckleBilly

imported post

It should be the duty of every law-abiding gun owner to become a member of the NRA.

Join whatever other group you want but join the NRA!!!

I am a member of the Silver State Shooting Sport Association, Nevada Gun Owners, The Second Amendment March (formerly the Million Gun Owner March)and a FrontLine volunteer for the NRA-ILA. I am also registered with Gun Owners of America but I am not yet an "official" member.

HuckleBilly

imported post

PT111 wrote:
I wonder how this affects areas such as school parking lotswhere they are prohibited by state law.

There is currently under consideration passing a law that allows teachers to carry on campus.

My understanding is that your car is an extension of your home and that is why constitutional rights apply when you are in your car and to whatever possessions are in the car.

HuckleBilly

imported post

varminter22 wrote:
HuckleBilly wrote:
There is currently under consideration passing a law that allows teachers to carry on campus.
There is?

Senator Beers had a such a bill in 2007 - but, UNFORTUNATELY, he was not re-elected.

I am not sure where I heard about it and if it was even in Nevada but Bob Beers is a great pro-gun politician.

If I find out anything more, I will post it on teachers and guns on campus.

I do know that it was being considered to allow teachers to defend themselves against armed and hostile students.