• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Indian reservations

coyote1

imported post

whats the law on carrying concealed .on indian reservations if iam on the res and get stopped by tribal cops and have my gun . i was told that it was not good. i called all police and state police they wernt surewhat the law was. i called tribal at fort hall and was told they would have to check they didnt even know ???????? i want to be totalysure but nobody knows . saint could you look into it for us . thanks for any help coyote1 have a great oc day IDAHO FALLS .

Vandal

imported post

This come up once here before and IIRC they follow state law. I would email the head of the tribal police and ask, then print that off and keep it in your car if you travel through a Rez often.

coyote1

imported post

thanks vandal i talked today with state police and was told. that because they are considered a sovereign area or seperate from all state laws dont cc there ????it could be tricky .thats what i was told by ISP. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP .

XD45PlusP

imported post

White man can't be charged under tribal code/statute. If there is no state law violation nothing can happen to you as far as criminal charges. Keep it concealed, and don't violate Idaho Laws while there, and you are good to go. IMHO

coyote1

imported post

thanks for your input. its good to know we can count on each other.might have to sell mini 30 for mini 14 cant get mags :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: thanks again xd45plusp. also i love my xd45 great gun . have a good day.