• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SouthNarc's Extreme Close Quarter Concepts Course, March 6-8, 2009

cREbralFIX

imported post

All,

SouthNarc is coming to Virginia! If you openly carry a handgun, this is an excellent course for you. You will learn how to manage unknown contacts to possibly end the encounter early. Additionally, many people are trained to go into the "interview" stance with the gun away from the unknown person. SouthNarc goes into extensive detail on how this position makes you vulnerable to being knocked down and how to avoid this. Retention skills are also taught--a MUST HAVE for OC. You will learn some very effective techniques in this course.

Extreme Close Quarter Concepts I and II (ECQC I-II)

March 6-8, 2009 in Culpeper, VA

southnarc-close-small.jpg

The ShivWorks Extreme Close Quarter Concepts I & II (ECQC 1&2) course is a 20 hour block of instruction which focuses on a multi-disciplinary approach to building functional, combative handgun skills at zero to five feet. The course is designed to instill core concepts of seamless integration and provide the platform for aggressive problem solving during a life or death struggle. A heavy emphasis is placed upon commonality of body mechanics between skill sub-sets, which means that all combative software is reinforcing. Once the student’s skill sets are initially ingrained, the participant will be stress inoculated with force on force drills utilizing man-marking cartridges and protective equipment.

southnarc-pointing-small.jpg

Topics covered include:

Block One • Diagnostics • Introduction to the components of the Combative Drawstroke • Building the pectoral index in live-fire • Firing throughout the horizontal line of presentation • Off-hand fending positions • Default position • Basic empty hand blows • Theory of in-fight weapon access • Grounded basics

Block Two • Challenging the potential attacker • Preemptive weapon access • Muzzle aversion within draw-stroke • Negotiating the F.U.T. • ECQ Handgun retention in holster • ECQ handgun retention out of holster • Handgun recovery • Handgun striking

Equipment Required
Holster
Pistol
Two magazines
Eye & ear protection
Heavy sweatshirt or soft body armor
Mouthpiece and cup
500 rounds of ammunition

Registration
Please sign-up via phone 703-330-1113

Course cost is $400 (payable by credit card or cash)

Directions to the course will be given when you register for the course.

This class is not recommended for beginning shooters and prior documented training or instructor approval is required. Students should be relatively fit as this is a contact class. Most of the latter half of each day will be spent utilizing man marking cartridges and FIST helmets, to allow the students to gain confidence in applying their newly acquired skills against moving aggressive opponents.

southnarc-carjacking-small.jpg