• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

List your open carry experiences here

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

Malum Prohibitum wrote:
Birdman wrote:
List your open carry experiences here.
I do not have anything exciting enough to post. It is a non-issue for me.

Sat down with a friend at Cracker Barrel in Union City and had breakfast. He was carrying openly, too. Left a large tip. Had a Mac-11 submachine gun in a cardboard box on the table.

No problems, no issues, no nothing.

Told you it is a non-issue.

Georgia has more of a problem with places off limits, as Georgia is highly restrictive on WHERE one may carry.

Peacemaker

imported post

I have openly carried at numerous locations over the last year. Complete non-issue. No MWAG calls; no tazerings; no problems.

I also CC a lot. As MP said, the hard part about Georgia is the undefined set of places off-limits. One cannot carry in peace without doing a full title search on every building or property he will visit throughout the entire day.

Fallschirjmäger

imported post

Was shopping for a new mattress and the sales weasel noticed. I got a call with no message from a company I used to work for (was wearing a shirt with their name embroidered on it, hey, I'm cheap). Never returned the call to my former employer.

Was depositing my 'fun money' check at Wachovia and on the way out one of the account representatives motioned me over and whispers that "in the future...going forward... we can't allow firearms in here..." I told him to close my account and moved everything across the street to SunTrust.

Was having lunch at FireHouse Subs and told the ass't manager what a wonderful lunch it was and would he mind if I brought friends next week. Mentioned that they would probably have firearms. All he really wanted to know was "do they have money?". It was a non-issue with him.

jerg_064

imported post

OCing in Warner Robins.

Walmart, Johnny Carinos, Steak n' shake, CVS, O' rielys, Mcdonalds, BK, Mike's Hot dog's, Classic Bottle shop, Taco Bell, Krogers, publix, Logan's road house. etc...

I also scared the hell out of my commander when I OC'd at Johnny G's(ex galaxy quest) during a pre-deployment family get together. It was a lil uncomforatble carring in the go-carts though.:D

All in all, no problems.:celebrate

JMJ1987

imported post

Fallschirmjäger wrote:
"do they have money?". It was a non-issue with him.
Lmfao, like your going to ask if you could bring friends with guns for lunch with no money. yes, do you mind if a bunch of guys rob you next week for some free-lunches bwhahahaha.... :lol:

smn

imported post

Pretty much the same sentiments about Warner Robins. Monkey Joe's is questionable per WRPD... I'm waiting on them to clarify. I OC'd in front of a HCSO officer without incident in DJ's Galaxy Quest (now Johnny G's). I pretty much OC anywhere I can legally carry.

jerg_064

imported post

Also one of the employees at Five star Ford on Watson told me I needed to CC there, but they didn't have the model I wanted anyways and they kept offering me other models when I told them I will not settle for anything else.:XI had to go clear up to milledgeville to get a good deal, well peach county in Byron had a great deal but not all the options.

The employee that told me I had to CC claimed to be an ex cop and tried to argue with me about the carry laws. He knew about half of what he was saying.

exgabrit

imported post

[font="Arial, sans-serif"]I don't open carry much, mostly when going to and from car when going to work, collecting mail at the apartment complex where I live when driving into complex after work, and getting gas. Rest of the time, mostly if not always concealed.[/font]
[font="Arial, sans-serif"]If I pass any one from the parking area to the mail boxes, no one either notices or doesn't think much of it, usually I'm business causal with tucked in polo shirt. Today it's Friday, so clean, crisp dark blue jeans, black heavy duty leather belt (as usual for gun) and an England soccer shirt.[/font]
[font="Arial, sans-serif"]Today there was at least 2-4 people in and around the mail boxes and a Duluth PD cruiser parked up. I walk passed the regular folk get my mail and proceed to walk back to my car. Duluth PD is also walking my direction from about 20-30 feet away and passes me gun-side (Glock 17 in a Blackhawk Serpa and spare mag in a uncle mike). not exactly subtle. PD walks straight past, investigates a side gate, I get in my car, he walks back past the front of my car, glances over to me, I give him a smile while half reading mail, he carries on and disappears.[/font]
[font="Arial, sans-serif"]Ok, somewhat of an anti-climax to the story :)[/font]

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

smn wrote:
Pretty much the same sentiments about Warner Robins. Monkey Joe's is questionable per WRPD... I'm waiting on them to clarify.

Questionable in what way? Do you always go to non-lawyers for legal advice?

Get medical care from your plumber?

rmodel65

imported post

Malum Prohibitum wrote:
smn wrote:
Pretty much the same sentiments about Warner Robins. Monkey Joe's is questionable per WRPD... I'm waiting on them to clarify.

Questionable in what way? Do you always go to non-lawyers for legal advice?

Get medical care from your plumber?
+1

the Police in Glynn County claim Denny's is a public gathering