• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Conceal carry on campus

gocubsgo

imported post

Hello fellow gun nuts! I'm brand new to the forum and extremely blessed to find a place online that is filled with fine people like yourselves who are wiling to protect our rights to bear arms. Knowing you guys and gals are out there to protect the innocent along side myself is a great feeling. I'm a college student and a gun owner/carrier which when said in the same breath is practically a sin these days. I've been advocating and writing to our mostly worthless Senators and Representatives about pushing across legislation lifting the gun bans on college campuses for licensed concealed carry owners to extend their right to carry a firearm passed the imaginary "no gun" zone. Just asking for your support and interest in the manner because every voice truly does matter. If you're interested please visit http://www.concealedcampus.org for more information. They do a great job and are really beginning to get some national attention. Keep posting the great threads and God bless.

shad0wfax

imported post

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum64/20262.html

The above thread already has some traffic for SCCC and how it pertains to Open Carry.

Thiswebsite is dedicated primarily to Open Carry and this particular forum is specific to Washington. I see that you're a WA resident, so that's a start.

http://concealedcampus.org/faq.phpSCCC supports the legalization of CONCEALED carry by LICENSED individuals on COLLEGE campuses. SCCC has no official position on unlicensed concealed carry, open carry, or concealed carry on the campuses of primary or secondary schools.

Although I agree with the idea of CC on campuses and your first post here was pleasant, I suggest that you read the forum rules http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum1/1.htmland try to focus more on OC issues or stories in WA. The above quote states that SCCC has no position on OC, so unless your goal is to increase SCCC's awareness (and acceptance) of the OC movement, there's little point in discussing it here.

I'm not trying to chase you off, so please don't take this the wrong way. Welcome to the forums, but please try to focus on OC here.

just_a_car

imported post

I'd also like to point out that the U. of WA has an SCCC chapter that is semi-active. I, myself, am an officer in the group. The UW's SCCC president/main-contact, myself, and one other person are members of this forum.

gocubsgo

imported post

I read the forum rules and laws and discussion on gun rights is also encouraged and that was what my thread was aimed at. I did not archive the site far back enough to see the post on this earlier and for that I apologize. But thanks for the welcome

Hammer

imported post

It's already legal per state law to carry on college campus. Some college campuses (campii :)) elect to restrain it thru administrative code.
I have carried openly on college campus. I was an instructor at the time. The Law Enforcement Training Dean clarified the legality to admin. They weren't encouraged about it, but didn't restrain my rights, either.

shad0wfax

imported post

gocubsgo wrote:
I read the forum rules and laws and discussion on gun rights is also encouraged and that was what my thread was aimed at. I did not archive the site far back enough to see the post on this earlier and for that I apologize. But thanks for the welcome
Yup, no problem. I hope I didn't come across harsh. :)