• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry tree planting every year? Who's in?

cleveland

imported post

This case with Brad has got me thinking, we should should have an open carry tree planting once a year. Would there be any interest in doing that in the spring?

Johnny Stiletto

imported post

Every year we couldstage a reenactment of the events that occurred, in the same mannerthat Civil War enthusiasts do their reenactments every year. :D

RugerMan

imported post

Awesome idea!

This would not only keep the issue in the public eye but encourage first time OCers to participate in a supportive setting.

Besides, liberals like trees right? ;-)

skamp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

so we just gotta find a place (probably a public park or something) that needs a tree.. and get the ability to do it... anyone know how to get "permission" to plant a tree on public ground? also should we get a plaque or something to say why its there?
the 2A tree :p? i know a few other people (that arent in the forum) who would love to show up and help!

Support The 2nd

imported post

Here's an idea for those of you who want to DO something:

Contact your county board supervisors and re-submit the resolution.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=17914&forum_id=57

Press them to act on it. If they refuse, catch them after a meeting, with video camera running, and ask them why you/me/we have no rights. Then post their answers on You-Tube.

The cost is almost non-existent and because you were asking a question about rights, and did so without a firearm, if they try to quash you that would be a violation of your first (1st) amendment rights.

Will you start by taking this first unarmed stand?