Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guy Shoots Himself

Post imported post

Saw this on a car forum I frequent. Needless to say the guy is VERY lucky.

To preface, I've known Glen since High School. He's a funny cat with dumb luck apparently. For Valentines Day his GF buys him a 40 cal. She picks it up on Friday the 13th to the tune of $666.64. I @#$%ing @#$% you not.

Glen loves this gun so much he picks up the standard Rambo issued hallowpoints to the accessorize to the MAX and heads to the shooting range.

Sunday comes and it's time to clean this machine of brutality.

So Glen goes to move the slide, like the picture below only his left hand pushes the slide from the front rather than pulling it. In this manner, his palm is in direct fire of the barrel.
    The bullet went into the carpet and slid on the slab for about 3 feet. It went right through his hand and through his pant leg just BARELY missing his shin.

Post imported post

Why is the bullet still attached to the cartridge?

Post imported post

lol at everyone calling them "hallowpoints"

fri 13th, 666, i call government conspiracy

really though, he got lucky he didnt lose his hand

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

I always make myself look at these for the same reason I don't shy away from motorcycle accident stories.

I don't ever want to forget the consequences of a mistake.

Post imported post

Wow.

As I was always taught when cleaning, inspecting or handling:

#1 MAKE SURE THE FIREARM IS NOT LOADED!!!
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

Post imported post

hmm? I was always told for one of the top rules, Always treat a firearm as if it is loaded.
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Post imported post

i was always taught to keep my finger off the trigger

Post imported post

"sir, the gun went off by itself, it's possessed!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQxliH3uCRM
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Post imported post

So... this guy gets a gun on the 14th... and manages to shoot himself with it the next day? Begs to ask if he'd ever owned such... or... handled ... uh... 'Guess not.

'Looks like he did the same dumb thing that cop did in Scranton on another thread. Must be an epidemic.

Slam fire with one in the pipe? Uh... whatever happed to 'clear the weapon'?

Post imported post

Hmm......a Glock so he had to pull the trigger to disassemble? Either way, he forgot to engage his brain before handing his new "toy". Now he's paying for it.

Banned

Post imported post

That's going to need more than a wash in the sink and a band-aid.

Post imported post

He said the doctor told him there's nothing he can really do for him but to give him some pain meds, wrap it, and treat it as a dog bite type of deal. The bullet was removed, but you can't stitch up hamburger meat....it'll have to naturally heal.

Post imported post

Never point the muzzle of a firearm at something that you do NOT want to put a hole in; including (ESPECIALLY including) body parts of your own.

With that said, thank you for sharing. It does help the rest of us remember why we should religiously practice safety procedures.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

usdm419 wrote:
    He said the doctor told him there's nothing he can really do for him but to give him some pain meds, wrap it, and treat it as a dog bite type of deal. The bullet was removed, but you can't stitch up hamburger meat....it'll have to naturally heal.
    The bullet was removed from his hand ?? No way, his hand wouldn't have stopped a .40 caliber at muzzle velocity ... I call BS.

A strong reminder that a gun is ALWAYS loaded....until it isn't.

~~Springfield

Edited for spelling / additional thoughts

Post imported post

Springfield45 wrote:
    usdm419 wrote:
    The bullet was removed from his hand ?? No way, his hand wouldn't have stopped a .40 caliber at muzzle velocity ... I call BS.

~~Springfield
    That is also inconsistent with the part where:

usdm419 wrote:
    In this manner, his palm is in direct fire of the barrel. The bullet went into the carpet and slid on the slab for about 3 feet. It went right through his hand and through his pant leg just BARELY missing his shin.
    Through the hand, and into the carpet.

That bullet didn't pass through carpet and slide along the slab, unless the one on the cartridge is not the one that passed through the hand.

That sink doesn't look like one used to clean that hand either.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

I did better then that:P

That's my knee by the way.

Post imported post

I ALWAYS triple check my firearms to make sure they aren't loaded when I am going to clean them.

Post imported post

My bad on the bullet removal part....I was reading through the post, and I was reading people's questions and other's answers and mixed up what was being said. The bullet did pass right through his hand, and the pictures of the meatwad thaat was his hand is the exit wound.

Post imported post

usdm419 wrote:
    My bad on the bullet removal part....I was reading through the post, and I was reading people's questions and other's answers and mixed up what was being said. The bullet did pass right through his hand, and the pictures of the meatwad thaat was his hand is the exit wound.
    Makes more sense that way.

Post imported post

from what i got out of that picture - bullet entered above the knee in your thigh and exited your knee cap?

Post imported post

eyesopened wrote:
    Yeah, that's my question too.

I'm calling shenanigans for now.

Banned

Post imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
    eyesopened wrote:

How do you figure? That injury is a little hard to fake with ketchup and he has some obvious powder marks on his hand. Maybe he just rested the bullet back on top of the casing.

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    shad0wfax wrote:
    eyesopened wrote:

How do you figure? That injury is a little hard to fake with ketchup and he has some obvious powder marks on his hand. Maybe he just rested the bullet back on top of the casing.
    Taken from the OP;
    "The bullet went into the carpet and slid on the slab for about 3 feet."

AWD, does it look like that bullet slid along a concrete slab for about 3 feet to you ?

No sir, It didn't . I still call B.S. Now, I'm not debating that the man shot himself in the hand, that looks authentic (after a GOOD cleaning of course). But that is absolutely not the bullet that did it, (If in fact, it did hit concrete as the OP says, after leaving his hand).

Now, if I were told that; That is the bullet that passed through his hand, then it was dug out of his dog, or other soft tissue, that I might believe, But that bullet there did not strike concrete, (or wood for that matter) after leaving his hand. No way.

~~Springfield

Edited for grammar.

Post imported post

It looks pretty gruesome nonetheless,

About 30 years ago, a co-worker was loading his family and gear up for a memorial day weekend trip. the last thing to get was a 44 mag he kept in the closet in a holster. The gun fell from the holster as he grabbed the belt and discharged when it hit the ground. The bullet, and I don't know what type it was, passed through his lower leg leaving a gaping hole you could see through for weeks. it tooks months to heal, and even went putrid in odor once. It's a good thing he was a big guy. He was around 6' tall and 300 lbs or so. Could have ended tragically, but he lived to endure a divorce, child support, and some other miseries over the next 20 years.

Seeing the hole on that guys hand reminded me of the earlier mishap, and how our morbid curiousity keeps us from looking away

Post imported post

Well just so you guys know....it's not a made up story, and that is the round that went through his hand. The guy that posted the story is a very reputable individual on that forum. Also left out was that the round went through his pantleg baarely missing his shin too before striking the carpet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast