• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guy Shoots Himself

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
eyesopened wrote:
Why is the bullet still attached to the cartridge? :uhoh:

Yeah, that's my question too.

I'm calling shenanigans for now.

How do you figure? That injury is a little hard to fake with ketchup and he has some obvious powder marks on his hand. Maybe he just rested the bullet back on top of the casing.

Springfield45

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
shad0wfax wrote:
eyesopened wrote:
Why is the bullet still attached to the cartridge? :uhoh:

Yeah, that's my question too.

I'm calling shenanigans for now.

How do you figure? That injury is a little hard to fake with ketchup and he has some obvious powder marks on his hand. Maybe he just rested the bullet back on top of the casing.
Taken from the OP;
"The bullet went into the carpet and slid on the slab for about 3 feet."

AWD, does it look like that bullet slid along a concrete slab for about 3 feet to you ?

No sir, It didn't . I still call B.S. Now, I'm not debating that the man shot himself in the hand, that looks authentic (after a GOOD cleaning of course). But that is absolutely not the bullet that did it, (If in fact, it did hit concrete as the OP says, after leaving his hand).

Now, if I were told that; That is the bullet that passed through his hand, then it was dug out of his dog, or other soft tissue, that I might believe, But that bullet there did not strike concrete, (or wood for that matter) after leaving his hand. No way.

~~Springfield

Edited for grammar.

AyatollahGondola

imported post

It looks pretty gruesome nonetheless,

About 30 years ago, a co-worker was loading his family and gear up for a memorial day weekend trip. the last thing to get was a 44 mag he kept in the closet in a holster. The gun fell from the holster as he grabbed the belt and discharged when it hit the ground. The bullet, and I don't know what type it was, passed through his lower leg leaving a gaping hole you could see through for weeks. it tooks months to heal, and even went putrid in odor once. It's a good thing he was a big guy. He was around 6' tall and 300 lbs or so. Could have ended tragically, but he lived to endure a divorce, child support, and some other miseries over the next 20 years.

Seeing the hole on that guys hand reminded me of the earlier mishap, and how our morbid curiousity keeps us from looking away

usdm419

imported post

Well just so you guys know....it's not a made up story, and that is the round that went through his hand. The guy that posted the story is a very reputable individual on that forum. Also left out was that the round went through his pantleg baarely missing his shin too before striking the carpet.:uhoh:

Springfield45

imported post

usdm419 wrote:
Well just so you guys know....it's not a made up story, and that is the round that went through his hand. The guy that posted the story is a very reputable individual on that forum. Also left out was that the round went through his pantleg baarely missing his shin too before striking the carpet.:uhoh:
What did the bullet strike after leaving his hand ? Not a hard surface.

~~Springfield

LEO 229

imported post

I always check to be sure the gun is unloaded before taking it upstairs away from ammo and mags.

Then I check it again before taking it apart for cleaning to be certain a gremlin did come behind me at toss in a round.

I NEVER point the barrel in the direction of any body or body part.

It appears Mr Hand Man used his palm as a brace shoving the barrel into it.

I suspect this type of stuff happens more often than we know.

Anyone working in the medical field that can chime in?

FMCDH

imported post

Wow....this guy ever heard the term strip and clear?

Guess not. Bet he never forgets again!

Jizzzle

imported post

MeBaby wrote:
Looks like there is an inordinate number of Glock owners with holes in them :?. (for whatever reason)
if u don't pull the trigger on a glock it doesn't fire. its not the glocks fault.

Springfield45

imported post

Jizzzle wrote:
MeBaby wrote:
Looks like there is an inordinate number of Glock owners with holes in them :?. (for whatever reason)
if u don't pull the trigger on a glock it doesn't fire. its not the glocks fault.
+100

Being the proud owner of over 8 Glocks, Amazingly,(sarcasm) Not one of them has ever shot me. (Nor have I ever shot myself with any firearm) A UD? Yes, once, at the range,
no-one was hurt, thankfully, because the muzzle was where it was supposed to be,
in a safe direction, downrange. It re-enforced a valuable lesson for me.

rant on /

Jizzle is 150% correct. The gun won't fire, as long as you keep your boogerhook off of the bangswitch. It really is just that simple. Clear the firearm BEFORE handling it.
if you are unfamiliar with its operation, don't handle it until you have recieved proper
training in the safe operation of said firearm. Again, It really is just that simple.
NEVER point a firearm at anything you do not intend to destroy. One more time, It really is just that simple.

rant off /

Just my $0.02

~~Springifeld
Edited for grammar

chiefjason

imported post

As a wise uncle once told me. "Jason, unloaded guns kill people." I never pass a loaded gun except at the range. I never take someones word for itbeing unloaded without checking myself. And I check to the point of paranoiabefore cleaning.

And that will take forever to heal completely!