• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guy Shoots Himself

usdm419

imported post

Saw this on a car forum I frequent. Needless to say the guy is VERY lucky.

To preface, I've known Glen since High School. He's a funny cat with dumb luck apparently. For Valentines Day his GF buys him a 40 cal. She picks it up on Friday the 13th to the tune of $666.64. I @#$%ing @#$% you not.

Glen loves this gun so much he picks up the standard Rambo issued hallowpoints to the accessorize to the MAX and heads to the shooting range.

Sunday comes and it's time to clean this machine of brutality.

So Glen goes to move the slide, like the picture below only his left hand pushes the slide from the front rather than pulling it. In this manner, his palm is in direct fire of the barrel.
The bullet went into the carpet and slid on the slab for about 3 feet. It went right through his hand and through his pant leg just BARELY missing his shin.

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

r6-rider

imported post

lol at everyone calling them "hallowpoints"

fri 13th, 666, i call government conspiracy:uhoh:

really though, he got lucky he didnt lose his hand

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I always make myself look at these for the same reason I don't shy away from motorcycle accident stories.

I don't ever want to forget the consequences of a mistake.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

So... this guy gets a gun on the 14th... and manages to shoot himself with it the next day? Begs to ask if he'd ever owned such... or... handled ... uh... 'Guess not.

'Looks like he did the same dumb thing that cop did in Scranton on another thread. Must be an epidemic.

Slam fire with one in the pipe? Uh... whatever happed to 'clear the weapon'?

usdm419

imported post

He said the doctor told him there's nothing he can really do for him but to give him some pain meds, wrap it, and treat it as a dog bite type of deal. The bullet was removed, but you can't stitch up hamburger meat....it'll have to naturally heal.

wrightme

imported post

Never point the muzzle of a firearm at something that you do NOT want to put a hole in; including (ESPECIALLY including) body parts of your own.

With that said, thank you for sharing. It does help the rest of us remember why we should religiously practice safety procedures.

Springfield45

imported post

usdm419 wrote:
He said the doctor told him there's nothing he can really do for him but to give him some pain meds, wrap it, and treat it as a dog bite type of deal. The bullet was removed, but you can't stitch up hamburger meat....it'll have to naturally heal.
The bullet was removed from his hand ?? No way, his hand wouldn't have stopped a .40 caliber at muzzle velocity ... I call BS.

A strong reminder that a gun is ALWAYS loaded....until it isn't.

~~Springfield

Edited for spelling / additional thoughts

wrightme

imported post

Springfield45 wrote:
usdm419 wrote:
The bullet was removed from his hand ?? No way, his hand wouldn't have stopped a .40 caliber at muzzle velocity ... I call BS.

~~Springfield
That is also inconsistent with the part where:

usdm419 wrote:
In this manner, his palm is in direct fire of the barrel. The bullet went into the carpet and slid on the slab for about 3 feet. It went right through his hand and through his pant leg just BARELY missing his shin.
Through the hand, and into the carpet.

That bullet didn't pass through carpet and slide along the slab, unless the one on the cartridge is not the one that passed through the hand.

That sink doesn't look like one used to clean that hand either.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I ALWAYS triple check my firearms to make sure they aren't loaded when I am going to clean them.

usdm419

imported post

My bad on the bullet removal part....I was reading through the post, and I was reading people's questions and other's answers and mixed up what was being said. The bullet did pass right through his hand, and the pictures of the meatwad thaat was his hand is the exit wound.

wrightme

imported post

usdm419 wrote:
My bad on the bullet removal part....I was reading through the post, and I was reading people's questions and other's answers and mixed up what was being said. The bullet did pass right through his hand, and the pictures of the meatwad thaat was his hand is the exit wound.
Makes more sense that way.

r6-rider

imported post

from what i got out of that picture - bullet entered above the knee in your thigh and exited your knee cap?