• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

my real first open carry

cgrantjr

imported post

i have only posted once on this site so this is all new to me. i have been carring concealed since December 24th. i have been real hesitant about carring openly becasue i was afraid people would freak out. i have already had one bad case that i posted about. but anyway my wife and i decided to go for a walk around our neighborhood i want to keep my gun with me at all times but the weather does not really call for a jacket so i was like to hell with it and put it on my hip and went for my walk.

when we got to the top of the hill there was a truck behind us and i didnt think nothing of it until i seen where he pulled in. he was a cop and i started to get a little worried just because i dont really know the neighborhood and i didnt know how he would react. i know that ky is a open carry state but who knows how one person may act.

but all went well he didnt say anything to me to i finished my walk. i was kind of hesitant and i still am but i hope that i will get used to it and wont have to worry about covering my gun up all the time.:celebrate

chris in va

imported post

Good job, you're braver than I am! It took me a year or so to finally try OC back in VA, but only because things are a little more:shock:thanKY apparently. I like to OC as a group rather than individually in case a ninny makes a comment and I can't think fast enough for a witty rebuttal.:p

TheMrMitch

imported post

It gets easier. The first time I CC'd, I happened to go into a resturant with cops eating. "Danger Will Robinson"! HehHeh. No problem at all though I was self concious. I got used to it and willthe same open carry. Relax.....:D

v8shoguy

imported post

I see that you're in London. Krystal's there is OC friendly. A good friend of mine and I ate there at 2 AM, both OC, and not a word was said.