• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCW Law

jfrey123

imported post

No law against it. Technically, I've never seen a law against concealing a firearm on any private property. IANAL, but I think you'd be safe with no permit at all.

Anyone smarter than me want to confirm or deny?

imported post

Thank you.

NRS is still very vague on the specifics of this issue.

In all reality, this would only be of concern in the litigation following the occurrence of adefensive situation occur. In which case I'll takesurvival and a fine over the alternative.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

No law against it. Technically, I've never seen a law against concealing a firearm on any private property. IANAL, but I think you'd be safe with no permit at all.
I wouldn't want to be the test case... especially when the penalty is a felony. The NRS says that it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon except as provided by the permit laws. The wording does not seem to make any distinction of where it is carried.

I don't know enough about how much say the government can have over what you can do on your own property, but there is no exception explicitly written into the law to allow for it.

What about the rest of 202.350? Can they regulate whether you may manufacture orkeep a switchblade at yourown property? If they can, why would part of the law not apply but the other would when you are at your own property?

I'm not a lawyer, andIdon't know the answers to these questions.

Loneviking

imported post

It'd would probably be an easy charge to defeat anyway, as most likely it would only be an issue if there was a shooting. Simple---I was carrying openly!

And if you carry revolvers, it doesn't matter anyway.