• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

how do you keep track of...

warlocke

imported post

how many rounds you put down range in each firearm??

i would like to use access to keep an inventory of what ammo i have onhand and be able to go to a certain firearm, input the number of rounds put down range that day, and have it subtract from the current onhand stock, also be able to tell what brands i have on hand.

anyone have anything like this?

david.ross

imported post

err...

Typically most buy X amount of boxes and fire what they bought. If you've stock, keep a clip board of what you take.

2a4all

imported post

warlocke wrote:

i would like to use access to keep an inventory of what ammo i have onhand and be able to go to a certain firearm, input the number of rounds put down range that day, and have it subtract from the current onhand stock, also be able to tell what brands i have on hand.

Not with access, but I do use Excel to track my inventory (by caliber, weight,
boxes, rnds/box (bxs * rnds/box = total rnds), supplier, brand, cost/box, cost/rnd) and separately track rounds fired by each firearm.

I typically only shoot 50 rnds/wk, so it's not a big deal to update things by hand.

I haven't bothered to integrate the two functions arithmetically yet. One of these days...

warlocke

imported post

2a4all wrote:
warlocke wrote:

boxes, rnds/box (bxs * rnds/box = total rnds), supplier, brand, cost/box, cost/rnd) and separately track rounds fired by each firearm.

I haven't bothered to integrate the two functions arithmetically yet. I typically only shoot 50 rnds/wk, so it's not a big deal to update things by hand.
would you care to share a basic template thats already set up? i for some reason, cannot figure out how i want to format such a sheet.

2a4all

imported post

warlocke wrote:
2a4all wrote:
warlocke wrote:

I haven't bothered to integrate the two functions arithmetically yet. I typically only shoot 50 rnds/wk, so it's not a big deal to update things by hand.
would you care to share a basic template thats already set up? i for some reason, cannot figure out how i want to format such a sheet.
Here's a template (pdf file) of what I use, which may help you get started. This is NOT a working Excel file. You will need to be able to set up your own excel file.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

2a4all wrote:
warlocke wrote:

I typically only shoot 50 rnds/wk, so it's not a big deal to update things by hand.

I haven't bothered to integrate the two functions arithmetically yet. One of these days...
It takes a few seconds to make a formula in excel.

Click on a box.

Let's say your ammo amounts are in the range of A1-A100

Type =SUM(A1:A100)

Tada!

2a4all

imported post

Ianmtx wrote:
2a4all wrote:
warlocke wrote:

It takes a few seconds to make a formula in excel.

Click on a box.

Let's say your ammo amounts are in the range of A1-A100

Type =SUM(A1:A100)

Tada!
:question:Yeah, I know how to do that...

What I mean by "update by hand" is that I need to add a row to the Shooting Log after a trip to the range, and update (reduce) the number of boxes of ammo on hand in the Inventory separately. Similarly, when I buy new ammo, I need to perhaps add a new row to the Inventory, and/or increase the number of boxes of ammo if it's a type that I already have on hand.

Oh yeah, I if I buy a new gun, I need to add appropriate rows for that.

One of these days (when I get enough ambition) maybe I'll develop a proper data base to do all this more efficiently.