• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCDL (Connecticut Citizens Defense League) (?!)

uskrusader

imported post

Search for the group and join:

CCDL (Connecticut Citizens Defense League)

-NAME AND DESCRIPTION PENDING-

Defending Your Right to Defend Yourself!

The Connecticut Citizen's Defense League (CCDL) is the pending name for a new organization inspired in part by the successes of the VCDL (Virginia Citizens Defense League) . CCDL is a non-partisan, grassroots organization dedicated to defending the human rights of all Connecticut citizens and, most importantly, the proposition that the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental Human Right.

Find the group, and add me as a friend, (I'm the only officer as of yet- titledthe "organizer") Please include your opencarry "handle" or callsign" when you add me as a friend.

I just wanted to start something....I hope folks here will join and invite their like-mindedConnecticut friends. I hope to appoint other officers and have this add to our effort to reach the masses of freedom-loving CT citizens!

We have plenty to do to fight the anti-gun/freedom forces in CT.

MOLON LABE!

romma

imported post

Well, there is certainly nothing wrong with doing that, but I would like this to work. I do understand thatbecomingcommitted to something of this magnitude takes effort, I would like to see if we can become effective in our own right.

I also understand that we are going to have growing pains, conflicting ideas, time constraints and all kinds of issues moving forward, but if we support service of our fellow gunowners, than remarkable things can happen Jump.

I hope you want to hang and see where this goes.

uskrusader

imported post

JUMPMASTER wrote:
Perhaps instead of us forming our own group we can join The Coalition of Connecticut Sportmen and become active in it. Just a thought. They seem to be the leading force in lobbying in Hartford.

http://www.ctsportsmen.com/
The Coalition of Connecticut Sportsmen is the only state sportsmen’s organization singularly dedicated to the protection, promotion and preservation of hunting, fishing, trapping and the scientific wildlife management programs which support them; Right to Keep and Bear Arms Constitutional provisions; Boating; Land use; and other sportsmen associated issues through legislative lobbying, legal defense in the courts, and political action. No other state sportsmen organization has as its sole purpose these activities. The Coalition of Connecticut Sportsmen takes pride in its unsurpassed achievement and service to all of the Connecticut sportsmen’s community.

They look like a great 2nd Ammendment group in CT and I support their cause.

I, however, do not consider myself primarily a sportsman. I personnally wish to fight for our right to defense. Defense of self, family, and community. This is my primary focus, and I believe that is why the 2nd Ammendment was written. The last line of defense against tyranny as well.

I am very motivated by the Citizen Defense movements in other states and would like to see something similar here. Perhaps one day, when attitudes shift in CT, we could even see Open Carry in our state....but for this we need to focus.

That's my take anyways,

uskrusader

imported post

Copy and Pasted from my entry on the FB Group Wall:

I was just researching possible logos/icons for the group and discovered that many other states besides VA have Citizens Defense Leagues. PA, AZ, WV, NW (WA,OR, and ID), and even NJ have some version of CDL.

And, I just googled "CCDL," and our forum thread on opencarry.org was number 4 on the google search results list. Pretty cool stuff.

GoldCoaster

imported post

When you consider how many of the great firearms manufacturers were (or are) based in CT or just over the border in Mass it is pretty surprising that this state is so gun phobic.

The folks that don't like guns don't have to own them, that's their right but piss on anyone that tells me I can't have one because they don't like them.

TheLoversWife

imported post

I'm in. It didn't give me a chance to add my 'handle'...just clicked on join and it added me.

Protector

imported post

The Coalition of Connecticut Sportsmen is certainly a good group. There is much we could learn from them, however I think they are to broad in scope. We would be much more narrowly defined group. Not all gunowners are sportsmen, and I believe that even though some of us are hunters and/or fishermen, wewould beprimarily concerned about 2nd Amendment Issues.

Dieselsmoke

imported post

CCDL (Connecticut Citizens Defense League) is a good way to go with the other states already formed it sounds more of a movement personally I don't care if you shoot paper self defence or to put meat in the freezer that your choice what you do with your firearm arm but we need to keep our right to bear arms as the Constitution calls for! With unity their is strength

uskrusader

imported post

In just a few days our facebook CCDL page has grown to50 members! The group featuregives us the ability to send importantmessages to all members. This could prove to be an excellent way to send critical news and legistlative informationto our members and sympathizers.

I encourage all you facebookers to "invite" your freedom-loving friends to the group from the CCDL group page. If we ever need to "march on Hartford", this is one way to get the message out. :)

Please send/post hereany suggestions: ie.group description, symbol, news, etc.

Also, I created the group withthe pending name "CCDL (Connecticut Citizens Defense League). I say pending because I picked it without the consent of the group. However, facebook does not allow users to change the name of formed groups....so we're stuck with that name on FB....(unless everyone leaves the group and we start another with amembers approvedname). Personally, I like "CCDL" because"CDLs" are almost already a national movement. ...

...VCDL, AZCDL, WVCDL, PENNCDL, NJCDL, NWCDL, ICSDL, TexasCDL, and now.....CCDL!!

Cheers,

uskrusader

imported post

More good news I just shared on facebook,

On Sunday I taught my first NRA basic pistol course to seven fine CT citizens. Six of them joined the NRA, and several of them joined our facebook group, and some of their friends joined the fb group too.

Itwas a great start for me and I was veryencouraged by the caliber of the students, I hope my subsequent classes will be as successful.

Cheers,

TheLoversWife

imported post

uskrusader wrote:
More good news I just shared on facebook,

On Sunday I taught my first NRA basic pistol course to seven fine CT citizens. Six of them joined the NRA, and several of them joined our facebook group, and some of their friends joined the fb group too.

Itwas a great start for me and I was veryencouraged by the caliber of the students, I hope my subsequent classes will be as successful.

Cheers,

Good job uskrusader! Wishing you many more successful classes! :celebrate

I like CCDL.