• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCDL (Connecticut Citizens Defense League) (?!)

uskrusader

imported post

JUMPMASTER wrote:
Can I ask how you covered the topic of lawful carry?

I told them when they get their CT permit, it is a permit to carry.....the permit, and CT Law donot address how to carry....open or concealed.

I cautioned them about open carry and how things couldspiral out of controlif someone becomes "offended" by the sight of the handgun and reports it to police. I told them punishment usually equals time (years)& moneyreapplying for a revoked permit. I warned them about the possibility of some LE "making up"their own rules.

I also of course informed them of this movement, our group, and some of our intentions. I informed them of the public hearing that took place today too....and other proposed legistlation. I thinkfourof them joinedour FB group, and a couple of their friends joined too. They were a goodgroup, they all (7) seemed sympathetic to preservingour freedoms.

Protector

imported post

Thanks to Jumpmaster for attending the public hearing yesterday. Congrats to uskrusader on his first class.

My wife is still looking into options for how to make us a recognized entity, she currently in contact with the Secretary of State's office to get more information. They are being slow to respond.

I am still working on a logo, on my 3rd version at the moment, will post it once complete and get feedback from the group for changes.

Some great letters have been posted to send to legislators, for those of us who not the best wordsmiths, Thanks

Kateryn

imported post

My husband and I just joined as well, We're willing to help do what we can to make the group as successful as we can.

GoldCoaster

imported post

Welcome aboard, we are a varied bunch from all walks of life with at least one common interest and several others as we discovered during the meal.

Where in the state do you live? (generall area)

Kateryn

imported post

We live in Ansonia, at the moment, though we're going to be moving in the next few weeks if we can find a place to move to. We also have 3 kids two of whom are avid shooters as well.

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

Hello all,

I just did a Google search for "Join the CCDL". It took me to this thread so I figured that I would give it a bump. Many from this thread have signed up on the FaceBook page. We thank you all for that!!!

However we are a very REAL organization and we need participation and attendance at our monthly meetings.

We also have a new website that we went live with!!!

If you haven't been there yet please check it out!

The "Connecticut Citizens Defense League" website is located at

http://www.ccdl.us

Hope to see you all signing up and participating in this very important organization in Connecticut!!

Thank You All

Lenny Benedetto
Founding Member
CCDL, Inc.