• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mauser 1891

MadHatter66

imported post

I know there are people on this board that will know something about this rifle...

I do know that it is a 7.62...just notsure what kind, the casings say 7.62 ARG on the base, I think that it is a 7.62 x 53...but I am not 100% sure of that... I would love to be able to buy ammo for it and shoot it, last time I shot it was about 10 years ago, and that was the last of some loose ammo that was laying around...shot great though...VERY accurate gun though

Anyone have any info on it? Google doesnt really turn up to much

The Stock, Receiver, Barrel and bolt all have matching Serials...

I think that this file was picked up in California, way back in in the day when guns were actually OK there... Not sure when though, but that would have been about 40-50years ago...

MadHatter66

imported post

Well see here is the deal, when I went back through my google history, I had searched 1871...Instead of 1891...

Have the info, but thanks to all that replied...

I guess enjoy the pretty pictures...

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

triehl27

imported post

The 1891 are absolutely beautiful rifles.

I have one that was rechambered to .308 at some point. I shot it for years, until a Gunsmith tld me the headspacing was off. It was borderline to shoot. So I retired it to the rack until someday when I have the $200 to have the barrel turned back and the chamber recut.

I love this rifle, even though it is not original.