Thread: Peninsula ammo supply..

Post imported post

I'll be visiting relativeson the peninsula this weekend. I figured I would look for .38 spl. target ammo since it is scarce here in N.C. Any tips on the best places to shop?Are supplies hit-or-miss in that area? Thanks for any tips, as I'll only be there for one day.

Post imported post

Post imported post

It's scarce everywhere. I went into Wallmart last week and they had bare shelves (Yorktown). Maybe you'll get lucky. I'm sure if you drive around to the local gunshops though you can find it at a premium.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Resto Guy wrote:
    I'll be visiting relativeson the peninsula this weekend. I figured I would look for .38 spl. target ammo since it is scarce here in N.C. Any tips on the best places to shop?Are supplies hit-or-miss in that area? Thanks for any tips, as I'll only be there for one day.
    Reload.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Resto Guy wrote:
    Reload.

Yata hey
    And buy primers in bulk whenever you find them

Post imported post

ravonaf wrote:
    It's scarce everywhere. I went into Wallmart last week and they had bare shelves (Yorktown). Maybe you'll get lucky. I'm sure if you drive around to the local gunshops though you can find it at a premium.
    I stopped by a local Wal-Mart yesterday and happened by the ammo counter. It was late and the guy on duty there wanted someone to talk to, so seeing the half empty shelves, I asked him what was up with that?

He said they have had very sparse deliveries for months now, everyone is hoarding. He said there are a couple folks who come by every morning and buy the 2 or 3 boxes (yes, boxes, not cases) that they might have gotten in on the overnight truck.

TFred

Post imported post

About a week ago Dick's Sporting Goods had a "sale?" on Winchester38sp, $16.98 per box, case price(10box) $15.98. One store had none, the other 6 boxes. So much for the advertisedcase special. Even the MCX at LeJeune had no.38sp. last weekend. This is a nationwide problem at Wallyworld.

Post imported post

The shelves are still pretty bare at Yorktown Wal-Mart. I saw a few boxes of .40 S&W, but no 9mm or .38spl.

I was reading a thread in the CT forum where a cop was quoted saying their CCW permits have gone up dramatically since the election.

Obama has a pretty full plate, so I doubt we'll see any gun related nonsense in the near future. The ammo will be back soon. We just have to Hope for Change.

Post imported post

My Airsoft Glock has been getting more attention than usual lately.

The one on the right.

Post imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
    The shelves are still pretty bare at Yorktown Wal-Mart.
    Indeed.

Funny story... We had family over last night for my birthday. My oldest brother and one of my brothers-in-law had run into each other at the ammo counter at that Wal-Mart, each stopping there to pick me up a birthday gift. (I'm easy to shop for.) Both reported how bad the supply was.