• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Peninsula ammo supply..

Resto Guy

imported post

I'll be visiting relativeson the peninsula this weekend. I figured I would look for .38 spl. target ammo since it is scarce here in N.C. Any tips on the best places to shop?Are supplies hit-or-miss in that area? Thanks for any tips, as I'll only be there for one day.

ravonaf

imported post

It's scarce everywhere. I went into Wallmart last week and they had bare shelves (Yorktown). Maybe you'll get lucky. I'm sure if you drive around to the local gunshops though you can find it at a premium.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Resto Guy wrote:
I'll be visiting relativeson the peninsula this weekend. I figured I would look for .38 spl. target ammo since it is scarce here in N.C. Any tips on the best places to shop?Are supplies hit-or-miss in that area? Thanks for any tips, as I'll only be there for one day.
Reload.

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Resto Guy wrote:
Reload.

Yata hey
And buy primers in bulk whenever you find them:(

TFred

imported post

ravonaf wrote:
It's scarce everywhere. I went into Wallmart last week and they had bare shelves (Yorktown). Maybe you'll get lucky. I'm sure if you drive around to the local gunshops though you can find it at a premium.
I stopped by a local Wal-Mart yesterday and happened by the ammo counter. It was late and the guy on duty there wanted someone to talk to, so seeing the half empty shelves, I asked him what was up with that?

He said they have had very sparse deliveries for months now, everyone is hoarding. He said there are a couple folks who come by every morning and buy the 2 or 3 boxes (yes, boxes, not cases) that they might have gotten in on the overnight truck.

TFred

tripledipper

imported post

About a week ago Dick's Sporting Goods had a "sale?" on Winchester38sp, $16.98 per box, case price(10box) $15.98. One store had none, the other 6 boxes. So much for the advertisedcase special. Even the MCX at LeJeune had no.38sp. last weekend. This is a nationwide problem at Wallyworld.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The shelves are still pretty bare at Yorktown Wal-Mart. I saw a few boxes of .40 S&W, but no 9mm or .38spl.

I was reading a thread in the CT forum where a cop was quoted saying their CCW permits have gone up dramatically since the election.

Obama has a pretty full plate, so I doubt we'll see any gun related nonsense in the near future. The ammo will be back soon. We just have to Hope for Change.

W.E.G.

imported post

My Airsoft Glock has been getting more attention than usual lately.

The one on the right.

AirsoftGlockcomparisonlarger.jpg

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
The shelves are still pretty bare at Yorktown Wal-Mart.
Indeed.

Funny story... We had family over last night for my birthday. My oldest brother and one of my brothers-in-law had run into each other at the ammo counter at that Wal-Mart, each stopping there to pick me up a birthday gift. (I'm easy to shop for.) Both reported how bad the supply was.