• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State Sovereignty Movment

FMCDH

imported post

State Sovereignty bills are popping up across the country. States are wanting to send a message to the federal government to tell them to get back to the Constitution, especially the 10th Amendment, or else! Many states are citing 2nd Amendment protection reasons.

A total of 22 states are currently reaffirming their sovereignty in a similar manner. These states are AZ, AL, AK, AR, CA, CO, GA, HI, ID, IN, KS, ME, MI, MO, MT, NH, NV, OK, PA, SC, TX, and WA.

Read about it here.... Feb 17th Update

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2009/02/17/122853.php

and here.... Feb 5th Report

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2009/02/05/183354.php

Call or write your state reps and let them know to support it!
http://www.capwiz.com/nra/dbq/officials/

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I attended a TFA meeting in Nashville Tuesday night, and I believe it was mentioned thatthe Tn Legislature has somethingalong these same lines, in the works right now.

old dog

imported post

I certainly hope Tennessee gets on board. It would be humiliating not to be part of this movement. America is worth saving.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

I've been following this. Thanks for the list and update.

Johnny Stiletto

imported post

Considering the boneheads wekeep electing in Wisconsin, I'm sure my state will be the last on that list, if it even makes it at all. On the plus side, I think finally ananti-Real ID proposal has been written for Wisconsin. We'll see what happens. I know congressman Sensenbonehead won't like that one. Hewas the authorof theReal ID act!

:cuss:

old dog

imported post

I'm embarrassed to confess that I endorsed Sensenbrenner's Real ID act at first. Obviously I hadn't thought it through. Now I realize that some people -- perhaps well-meaning, perhaps not -- are a greater threat than all the non-domestic ones.

As someone once said: I can protect myself from my enemies, but only God can save me from my friends.

darthmord

imported post

old dog wrote:
I'm embarrassed to confess that I endorsed Sensenbrenner's Real ID act at first. Obviously I hadn't thought it through. Now I realize that some people -- perhaps well-meaning, perhaps not -- are a greater threat than all the non-domestic ones.

As someone once said: I can protect myself from my enemies, but only God can save me from my friends.

Just remember, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Sonora, you honestly didn't expect otherwise did you? Much of the MSM is in bed with Obama.