• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

18 year old possession and open carry of hangun?

wylde007

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Well, you will only get to prove your point if you are caught and prosecuted, so please let the BATFE know what you are doing in advance to ensure that you have ample opportunity to prove your theories.
Yeah, I'ma get right on that! :lol:
While I'm at it, I'll go ahead and register my guitar as a weapon of mass-destruction... you know, because I use it to MELT FACES!

what we are talking about here is breaking Federal laws that apply to all out of state firearms transactions between private parties who do not reside in the same state.
Again, using thoroughly unconstitutional mandates and legislation.

nova

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
nova wrote:
Federal law regarding handgun possession for 18-20 year olds.

http://iweb.tntech.edu/cpardue/youthnotice.html
Respectfully nova, the link that you provided has nothing at all to do with handgun possession for 18-20 year olds.

However, I, for one, am very supportive of your legal possession and carry of handguns! You rock just like the rest of us OCers!
It has everything to do with it. It states:

(3) Federal law prohibits, except in certain limited circumstances, anyone under 18 years of age from knowingly possessing a handgun, or any person from selling, delivering, or otherwise transferring a handgun to a person under 18.
and

(4) A knowing violation of the prohibition against selling, delivering, or otherwise transferring a handgun to a person under the age of 18 is, under certain circumstances, punishable by up to 10 years in prison.
Like Open Carry, what is not prohibited is by default legal. It only prohibits people under 18 from possessing a handgun / handgun ammo, so it is therefore legal at the federal level for people 18-20 to own handguns. States can and do restrict this, however, VA law is consistent with federal law in this case.

leprechaun117

imported post

wylde007 wrote:
NavyLT wrote:
Well, you will only get to prove your point if you are caught and prosecuted, so please let the BATFE know what you are doing in advance to ensure that you have ample opportunity to prove your theories.
Yeah, I'ma get right on that! :lol:
While I'm at it, I'll go ahead and register my guitar as a weapon of mass-destruction... you know, because I use it to MELT FACES!

what we are talking about here is breaking Federal laws that apply to all out of state firearms transactions between private parties who do not reside in the same state.
Again, using thoroughly unconstitutional mandates and legislation.

I'm perfectly aware of what we're talking about.

By those standards the entire BATFE is illegal. While I may or may not agree with you on that, have fun proving it in court.

wylde007

imported post

leprechaun117 wrote:
By those standards the entire BATFE is illegal.
Now you're getting it!

While I may or may not agree with you on that, have fun proving it in court.
Give it time. Either they give us back our country peacefully or we abjure the realm in a much less passive manner.

It is really up to them.

nova

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Again, nova, 18 USC 922 (x) has nothing to do with handgun possession by an 18 to 20 year old. It only contains prohibitions that apply to persons under the age of 18. My previous responses regarding illegal activities were not to your posts, they were responses to wylde007's posts.

I have always stated that 18 to 20 year olds are absolutely legal in most states to possess handguns, to purchase handguns from private parties, to receive handguns as gifts and to carry handguns. There is NO Federal prohibition against any of the above and, in most states, no state prohibition against any of the above either. I'm on your side.
Sorry 'bout that...I both misread and misinterpreted your post. :lol:

Gotcha. :cool:

leprechaun117

imported post

wylde007 wrote:
leprechaun117 wrote:
By those standards the entire BATFE is illegal.
Now you're getting it!

While I may or may not agree with you on that, have fun proving it in court.
Give it time.  Either they give us back our country peacefully or we abjure the realm in a much less passive manner.

It is really up to them.

Like I said may or may not agree ;)

It sad to see that we've allowed the laws to get to the point that they are at. When an adult (18+) has to question if they can legally own a gun it has gone too far :(

wylde007

imported post

leprechaun117 wrote:
It sad to see that we've allowed the laws to get to the point that they are at. When an adult (18+) has to question if they can legally own a gun it has gone too far :(
And you, sir, ain't just whistlin' "Dixie".:cool:

hsmith

imported post

leprechaun117 wrote:
Like I said may or may not agree ;)

no, what is sad is this forum is here and we have to endlessly debate what is "legal" to do!

TorinoCobra070

imported post

rmodel65 wrote:
im trying to get torinocobra070 to start OC carrying in VA
OK, I'm all signed up haha. I'm going to do a little more reading into it, talking to my parents, and hopefully my tax refund might turn into my first hand gun!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

TorinoCobra070 wrote:
rmodel65 wrote:
OK, I'm all signed up haha. I'm going to do a little more reading into it, talking to my parents, and hopefully my tax refund might turn into my first hand gun!
Welcome to OCDO. Lots of good people and conversation here - a lot interested in cars too - 67GT390FB, vetts, restorations etc.

BTW - happen to know where an all original Gran Torino is hiding.

Look into our OC dinners (2nd Tues ea. month) and Sat. OC breakfasts - welcome even if you don't carry at all.

Yata hey

Joed757

imported post

TorinoCobra070 wrote:
rmodel65 wrote:

Im at student at Norfolk State U and my refund had def turned into my first handgun. I must say this isa nice forum no matter what color you are. When I first saw it I tought it was a race site by pictures. But this forum has been nothing but helpful to me in every way I dreamed of. I first learned about OC at my age (20) from this site. I havent had outright courage but I have OC'd to MacAuther Mall,Bobs Gun Shop and DJ's Music. The list will grow on and on.But I do want to thank everyone who has helped me along the way and also everyone who will. Much respect to you all for helping a new comer.

Joe D

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Joed757 wrote:
I must say this isa nice forum no matter what color you are. When I first saw it I tought it was a race site by pictures.

A race site by pictures?

Isnt there a fair representation of color/gender here? I'm confused by your statement. Please explain....oh and welcome!

attachment.php

Joed757

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Joed757 wrote:
I must say this isa nice forum no matter what color you are. When I first saw it I tought it was a race site by pictures.

A race site by pictures?

Isnt there a fair representation of color/gender here? I'm confused by your statement. Please explain....oh and welcome!

attachment.php
True but I didnt pay that any mind. I looked at the icon pics that tag along with the name and the first icon i saw was wylde007and hisconfed flaghowever that person was the first one to help me with information I just assumed wrong. Thanks for the welcome. I also didnt know Dan was a member to after the fact I was blinded at the beginning.

wylde007

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
A race site by pictures?

Isn't there a fair representation of color/gender here? I'm confused by your statement. Please explain... oh and welcome!
I've got to agree with Pro on this one. This is probably the LEAST racially motivated site, and particularly the VA (the VERY ACTIVE VA) portion of it who has recently found cause to rally around Danladi Moore - a black man.

The Constitution does not see color and the 2nd Amendment certainly has no predilection towards one race or another.

Carry open, carry often and spread the word about your GOD-GIVEN right to self-defense to as many as you can. You are now imbued with the fledgling spirit of patriotism... let it grow!

Joed757

imported post

wylde007 wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
A race site by pictures?

Isn't there a fair representation of color/gender here? I'm confused by your statement. Please explain... oh and welcome!
I've got to agree with Pro on this one. This is probably the LEAST racially motivated site, and particularly the VA (the VERY ACTIVE VA) portion of it who has recently found cause to rally around Danladi Moore - a black man.

The Constitution does not see color and the 2nd Amendment certainly has no predilection towards one race or another.

Carry open, carry often and spread the word about your GOD-GIVEN right to self-defense to as many as you can. You are now imbued with the fledgling spirit of patriotism... let it grow!
Again this goes to show. I feel as I joined a family its a nice feeling. I will pass along this patriotism passed along to myself.Exercise the right or lose it.

wylde007

imported post

True but I didnt pay that any mind. I looked at the icon pics that tag along with the name and the first icon i saw was wylde007and hisconfed flaghowever that person was the first one to help me with information I just assumed wrong.
The Confederate flag has no more to do with racism than the "gun show loophole" had to do with the Va Tech massacre.

I'm sorry that your prior education or experience with a symbol of my heritage has been so incorrectly represented to you somewhere in your upbringing.

I hope that you will also use this newfound knowledge to educate others that not all (in fact VERY FEW) true Confederates and Southerners consider the history taught in public schools and parroted by the NAACP and ADL is an application of historical fact.

Education is a tool, just like any other. In the wrong hands it can wreak unmentionable havoc on the truth. In the proper hands it can be an element for healing and understanding.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Deo Vindice

[line]The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid.
Novus Ordo Seclorum

Joed757

imported post

And what I mean is my first thought was it was more race guided then anything but after my first post and several readings I came to find something different.So again I say I made a mistake on my part.

wylde007

imported post

Joed757 wrote:
And what I mean is my first thought was it was more race guided then anything but after my first post and several readings I came to find something different. So again I say I made a mistake on my part.
No harm, no foul!;)

rmodel65

imported post

Joed757 wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
Joed757 wrote:

A race site by pictures?

attachment.php
True but I didnt pay that any mind. I looked at the icon pics that tag along with the name and the first icon i saw was wylde007and hisconfed flaghowever that person was the first one to help me with information I just assumed wrong. Thanks for the welcome. I also didnt know Dan was a member to after the fact I was blinded at the beginning.

im not sure if you know it or not, but a lot of black men fought for the confederacy. so threre are also black sons of confederate vetrans etc.

i have black friends who wear the confederate flag all the time