• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alabama House to Vote on Emergency Powers Bill Tomorrow!

Dianosis

imported post

Source: Ricky Stokes News: http://www.rickeystokesnews.com/article.php/alabama-house-to-vote-on-emergency-powers-bill-tomorrow-1053

Alabama House to Vote on Emergency Powers Bill Tomorrow!

[align=center][From the National Rifle Association:]

Viewed: 2806

Written by: JSKeppy
Date: Feb 18 2009 5:31PM[/align]
Please Contact Your State Representative Immediately!

[align=center]House Bill 225, sponsored by State Representative Marc Keahey (D-65), successfully passed out of the House Judiciary Committee and is scheduled to be voted on by the Alabama House tomorrow, Thursday, February 19.[/align]

[align=center]This bill would protect our Second Amendment rights by prohibiting any government agency from confiscating or regulating the lawful sale, possession, transfer, transport and carry of firearms during a state of emergency, such as occurred in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.[/align]

[align=center]Please contact your State Representative TODAY and respectfully urge them to vote for HB 225. Please click here to find contact information for your State Representative.[/align]

Dianosis

imported post

Example of an email I just sent:

Dear Representative Spicer,

It is my understanding that House Bill 225, sponsored by State Representative Marc Keahey is scheduled to be voted on by the Alabama House tomorrow, Thursday, February 19th.

As my Representative and neighbor, I would respectfully ask that you vote to pass House Bill 225. Thank you for time and your vote on this important issue.

Sincerely, Jason Jones.

Dianosis

imported post

the article above was published yesterday, and voted on and passed today!I asked to post it to get people to contact thier representatives today for the vote, and now that it's going to the Senate we need to contact our Senators.