• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

good OC outing the other day

hammer6

imported post

drove to phoenix to drop my mom and son off at the airport..i also needed to get my oil changed. so i had noticed an exit that had a sam's club on the way to the airport, so i figured on the way back would be a good place for me to stop. well i missed that exit and ended up stopping at tolleson. went to chik-fil-a!!! i had been deprived for a while now...there's lots in florida, but haven't seen any out here. had lunch, no big deal. so i googled jiffy lube on my phone, and ended up at the one on 91st street. open carried in there, and after a while, the guy noticed, and it's like one of those looks where you notice, and your in the middle of conversation, and you can't control your eyes..and he started staring. haha. we had a nice little convo. then a guy came in for an oil change, and he didn't notice at first. but when i came back from going over details with the employee, he was like, "wow- does EVERYONE in this town carry a gun with them?" haha- evidently he just moved there 2 weeks ago, and he sees people carrying about quite a bit. he seemed to be a fan of it, and that was that. stopped to get gas on the way out, and guy sees me walking to my car and asks me what kind of gun i have, (xd .40) and he said that's one of the only guns he doesn't have yet. haha. great time, nice people.

r6-rider

imported post

yep arizonas cool like that:cool:

as for tolleson, iv never seen anyone carry but i sure as hell wouldnt go there without my sidearm

YllwFvr

imported post

madcapmag wrote:
Hearing stories about the oil changes one gets at Jiffy Lube, I probably wouldn't be caught without my sidearm there either! :D

I CCed at a Jiffy and it popped out from under my shirtwhen i picked up my spilled coffee(does everyones jiffy lube also make them get out of the car like mine does?) and everyone immediately stopped talking, so I knew it was exposed. I went on like nothing happened but they refused to meet my eye and didnt speak again while I was there. This was like three days after the VT incident however. So I felt very uncomfortable.

I have NEVER had anyone be positive when they found I was carrying. Shock/surprise, discomfort many times. Never fear that i've noticed, but never a pleasant reaction.:(

r6-rider

imported post

i havent had that many positive looks/reactions either. only one i can recall was from a bank manager. i can imagine what people are thinking though if they see a gun right after VT "oh shit hes got a gun... but hes not killing everyone...whats going on here my brain cant comprehend a guy carrying a gun but isnt shooting anyone???? he must be a cop"

Crossfire Jedi

imported post

I got questioned if I am a cop last night at 7/11....what is really funny is how some stores do the ole "Manager to the Office" over the PA system as soon as I enter the store.

That being said, open carried at Gamestop without any problem.
[font="Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif"]
GameStop

Chandler Fashion Sq.
3111 W Chandler Blvd
Chandler AZ, 85226 US
(480) 899-2009[/font]

Got the car inspected by the MVD...they have the gun lockers inside the doorway there in Tempe.

When I went to Fry's Grocery on Dobson yesterday, I could tell I had people following me which was odd, and the store manager was pretending to always be looking over my head....it was all good though

site_logo.png

GWbiker

imported post

On Tuesday OC a black Star Firestar M-43, in a black Uncle Mike Sidekick holster while riding the motorcycle, I stopped at Micky-D at corner of Tanque Verde and Catalina Hwy for a quick plain burger and coffee. No problems to report.

Went into nearby Safeway Market for some items. Asked Manager (female) to help me find what I needed.

No problems there either.

I like Arizona!:celebrate:celebrate