Thread: Importing an AR15

Post imported post

ok heres the deal, i bought my girlfriend and ar15 in nevada for her birthday, (knowing i would play with it more than her) and now she doesnt want it. i live in california and i was wondering how i can get it transfered to me in california, can i have my friend who is an FFL put a bullet button in it before it is transfered to me? i havent really had the chance to look this up thoroughly. so any help will be appreciated.

Post imported post

You'll need to contact an FFL in CA, and ask what their recommendation is. They'll know what to do.

Here's one,

DON'S GUN REPAIR
    Address: 18222 COUNTY RD 97 WOODLAND, CA 95695

Voice: 1-530-662-1318

Post imported post

In standard trim, I am almost positive that it would be an unregistered "assault rifle", at least by Kali standards. You may be able to neuter it and make it compliant with goofy ass stocks and that bullet button for the mag release, or it might be that it has a receiver banned by name, and it would just be plain contraband. So, aside from the obvious idea of having it illegally (which morally would be a great idea, but realistically could land you in prison), those are your options as far as I know.

To be positive about the facts, I would take Dustin's advice, or go to http://www.calguns.net/

Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

I found this info from the Cali AG's office concerning new residents. Not sure if this is entirely current or applicable to your circumstance, but it may be helpful: http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/ab991.php. The main firearms info page is http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/index.php.

-ljp

Post imported post

thanks guys, i talked to my ffl in town today and he said not with my circumstances. oh well i guess ill just have to visit my girlfriend more and play with it in a non communist state.

Banned

Post imported post

Post imported post

sorry not looking for a felony...or a prison term. :?

Banned

Post imported post

It's not a crime to pack up your belongings and GTFO of California

Post imported post

Aran wrote:
    It's not a crime to pack up your belongings and GTFO of California
    Yet.

Post imported post

oilfieldtrash11 wrote:
    ok heres the deal, i bought my girlfriend and ar15 in nevada for her birthday, (knowing i would play with it more than her) and now she doesnt want it. i live in california and i was wondering how i can get it transfered to me in california, can i have my friend who is an FFL put a bullet button in it before it is transfered to me? i havent really had the chance to look this up thoroughly. so any help will be appreciated.
    You could move to Arizona, bring along GF, AR-15, all handguns and high cap magazines and find a job in the Phoenix Metro area and kiss off those stupid restrictions in the Republic of Kalyfornyna......:celebrate

Really, we could use your firepower over here!