• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Importing an AR15

oilfieldtrash11

imported post

ok heres the deal, i bought my girlfriend and ar15 in nevada for her birthday, (knowing i would play with it more than her) and now she doesnt want it. i live in california and i was wondering how i can get it transfered to me in california, can i have my friend who is an FFL put a bullet button in it before it is transfered to me? i havent really had the chance to look this up thoroughly. so any help will be appreciated.

Dustin

imported post

You'll need to contact an FFL in CA, and ask what their recommendation is. They'll know what to do.

Here's one,

DON'S GUN REPAIR
Address: 18222 COUNTY RD 97 WOODLAND, CA 95695

Voice: 1-530-662-1318

Michigander

imported post

In standard trim, I am almost positive that it would be an unregistered "assault rifle", at least by Kali standards. You may be able to neuter it and make it compliant with goofy ass stocks and that bullet button for the mag release, or it might be that it has a receiver banned by name, and it would just be plain contraband. So, aside from the obvious idea of having it illegally (which morally would be a great idea, but realistically could land you in prison), those are your options as far as I know.

To be positive about the facts, I would take Dustin's advice, or go to http://www.calguns.net/

oilfieldtrash11

imported post

thanks guys, i talked to my ffl in town today and he said not with my circumstances. oh well i guess ill just have to visit my girlfriend more and play with it in a non communist state.

Aran

Banned
imported post

Uhaul.jpg

GWbiker

imported post

oilfieldtrash11 wrote:
ok heres the deal, i bought my girlfriend and ar15 in nevada for her birthday, (knowing i would play with it more than her) and now she doesnt want it. i live in california and i was wondering how i can get it transfered to me in california, can i have my friend who is an FFL put a bullet button in it before it is transfered to me? i havent really had the chance to look this up thoroughly. so any help will be appreciated.
You could move to Arizona, bring along GF, AR-15, all handguns and high cap magazines and find a job in the Phoenix Metro area and kiss off those stupid restrictions in the Republic of Kalyfornyna......:celebrate

Really, we could use your firepower over here!