Thread: Partial victory in Kitsap

Post imported post

Today,went in the County Admin building to renew my car and truck license. I was not wearing a jacket, but was OC. Not a single word was said nor was there any furitive looks my way that I could detect. The No firearms/weapons sign is still on the door, but either they did not see or did not care. I call this a partial victory.:celebrate

Post imported post

Every little bit counts!

I think your posting serves as a reminder to some of us (meaning myself) that it's not wasted effort to take the time to put on the open carry rig. Somebody will notice and start thinking.

Thanks!

MD

Post imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
    ... The No firearms/weapons sign is still on the door, but either they did not see or did not care. I call this a partial victory.
    Out of curiosity, what does the sign say or how is it worded? Did you take a picture?

Post imported post

FMCDH,

The sign is the standard handgun/knife inside a red circle with a line through it diagonally. This has been a point of contention for over 1 1/2 - 2 years. First noted and action taken to remove by Ajetpilot. Search and you will find the thread on this.

Post imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
    FMCDH,

The sign is the standard handgun/knife inside a red circle with a line through it diagonally. This has been a point of contention for over 1 1/2 - 2 years. First noted and action taken to remove by Ajetpilot. Search and you will find the thread on this.
    Thanks, I will take a look.

And thanks for OCing there! Chances are they would never try to enforce it against you since State law says they cant. It will probably take a LEO encounter who tries to cite the sign to justify his actions of barring someone in a court to get it removed. Not sure the legality of that type of sign to begin with. If I remember correctly, the statute they are "attempting" to enforce must be on the sign, otherwise it is just a polite request since it is public property.

Post imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
    Today,went in the County Admin building to renew my car and truck license. I was not wearing a jacket, but was OC. Not a single word was said nor was there any furitive looks my way that I could detect. The No firearms/weapons sign is still on the door, but either they did not see or did not care. I call this a partial victory.:celebrate
    Wow! That is incredible news. Outstanding work, Trigger Dr!

Post imported post

TriggerDr is the man.