• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where Can You OC Your HandGun

Gunny5821

imported post

Regarding banks. I have OC at the BOA on Williamsburg Rdand had NO problems and there is NO sign posted. The other BOA is the one downtown. There are NO signs, but there was a security guard who confonted me twice. Each time I asked him to get the mgr to resolve. The mgr never showed up, but the security guard went about his business and left me alone. There was never a third time!

Gunny

bohdi

imported post

fire_man2340 wrote:
I hate to sound stupid but what dose "CHP Holders" mean.

Fire_man -

I would like to cautiously welcome you to the group. I would gently encourage you to pay attention to your grammar and spelling though. You don't have to be a doctor of the english langauge to participate on the forum but it does help to get the easy words right. Many people read this board, and some of those people have a perception that we are all back woods hill billies, not the educated and articulate citizens that we are. Be careful at how much you abbreviate and use texting slang, not everyone will understand what you are trying to say. As in the 1800's your written communication to the outside world (this forum) is our only insight into who you as a person are until someone actually meets you in person. Think about how your writing impacts people's perception of who you are.

Just some friendly advice, I would hate for someone to label you as something you are not based on what you have written so far. Open carry and the 2nd Amendment have alot of enemies, and believe it or not, they read what we write.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

bohdi wrote:
fire_man2340 wrote:
I hate to sound stupid but what dose "CHP Holders" mean.

Fire_man -

I would like to cautiously welcome you to the group. I would gently encourage you to pay attention to your grammar and spelling though. You don't have to be a doctor of the english langauge to participate on the forum but it does help to get the easy words right. Many people read this board, and some of those people have a perception that we are all back woods hill billies, not the educated and articulate citizens that we are. Be careful at how much you abbreviate and use texting slang, not everyone will understand what you are trying to say. As in the 1800's your written communication to the outside world (this forum) is our only insight into who you as a person are until someone actually meets you in person. Think about how your writing impacts people's perception of who you are.

Just some friendly advice, I would hate for someone to label you as something you are not based on what you have written so far. Open carry and the 2nd Amendment have alot of enemies, and believe it or not, they read what we write.
+1, and very well said bohdi....

wylde007

imported post

bohdi wrote:
Open carry and the 2nd Amendment have alot of enemies, and believe it or not, they read what we write.
And likely keep hard copies of it because they never know when they might get the opportunity to use some or all of it against us.

That's how dedicated some of the more despicable liberty-destroying Marxists in this country are.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Not quite a bank....
Can you argue that you are an owner at your credit union, and gave yourself permission?
After all your deposits are "shares".
Curse them for putting Pentagon Federal in that federal building.:X

wylde007

imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
Can you argue that you are an owner at your credit union, and gave yourself permission?
Yes, but the shareholders may hold annual or quarterly meetings and then vote, per their shares.

Depending on the vesting, certain shares or shareholder groups may hold particular sway in one direction or another... just like in our "republic", for what it's worth.

Company policy is probably not dictated by individual preference, but rather representative vote. My suggestion would be to become more vocal as a "shareholder" and vote your position frequently and loudly.

mlands

imported post

Never carry in a federal building! A few years ago there was a ladywhoentereda federal building whenshe noticedthe"No Weapons" sign as whileapproachingthe lobby area withguard present.She had asmall key chain sizepepper spray on her, andbeing a "good citizen" wanting to be cooperative. So she gavethe guard her pepper spray for him to hold for her while she was in the building.Well in typical fashion the guard had her arrested on the spot for carrying. So much for that.

wylde007

imported post

mlands wrote:
Well in typical fashion the guard had her arrested on the spot for carrying. So much for that.
And five other citizens should have "eliminated" the threat to liberty.

Until the government is sufficiently and rightfully afraid of the people, the tyranny will not cease.