• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My first LEO experience

demnogis

imported post

This evening after work I had to go pick up some parts for my motorcycle. Since my trusty old K75 "Flying Brick" is not the youngest motorcycle, it needs band-aids and fresh parts to replace the old, fatigued and rusty bits left on it (eventually, this thing will be semi-new parts).

Anyhow, I leave work. I ride a motorcycle which lacks any form of security (in the sense of locking compartments), so I OC while riding. It's not transporting if I'm carrying, technically (gray area :uhoh:) but so far no issues and I've passed many CHP/OC Police Cruisers. I park and in the parking lot of the BMW dealer is a salesperson and OC officer chatting up bikes. I head in and get my will-call parts. Head to the show floor to talk to one of my buddies about his new 944. They start to close up so I head out. The officer is getting ready to go.

He looks at me. Looks at my sidearm. I say "Hi, how ya doin? I like your ride a lot more than mine!" He laughs, smiles, and we chat about bikes for a few minutes. He glances at my hip a few times, but doesn't say anything. I didn't stand with my "strong side out" or "hiding" my holster. Just face to face.

Overall, an incredibly polite guy! I wish I had gotten his name. This was over at Irv Seaver BMW in Orange.

I sincerely hope every encounter I have with a LEO is just as good while I'm OCing.

On a side note, I did have one of the employees at staters ask me if I was S.W.A.T. I kinda said "That'd be nice, but no, I work in marketing."

ourmanthejoker

imported post

On a side note, I did have one of the employees at staters ask me if I was S.W.A.T. I kinda said "That'd be nice, but no, I work in marketing."
Hahaha, that's awesome. ;D

:p:celebrate

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

THIS! is how it should be. The officer did absolutely nothing to violate your rights, even forgoing the ill-granted and unconstitutional power to perform an "e" check.

I can't tell you how glad I am to hear that we're making such progress! Keep up the good work.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

That's awesome. I was wondering how you were going to detail your arrest in such a short post. It makes me wonder if he assumed you were a LEO or if he thought you were an average Joe UOCing.

demnogis

imported post

I honestly didn't even think of that. He didn't ask and neither did I, so who knows?

bigtoe416 wrote:
That's awesome. I was wondering how you were going to detail your arrest in such a short post. It makes me wonder if he assumed you were a LEO or if he thought you were an average Joe UOCing.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
Haven't you heard? Cops don't open carry! The sheeple would panic and run in horror at the sight of a gun.