Thread: S&W Recalls PPK/PPKs

Post imported post

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...ectionId=10506

Smith & Wesson has identified a condition that may exist in certain PPK and PPK/S pistols which may permit a round to be discharged without the trigger being pulled. When the manual safety is disengaged, Smith & Wesson’s Product Engineering Group has determined that the possibility exists in certain firearms that lowering the hammer may cause a chambered round to fire.

Post imported post

Yay...

:?

Have to check mine later this afternoon.

Post imported post

Good luck! Hopefully it's fine.

Post imported post

Something wrong with that explanation. After all, with the safety DISengaged, it ought to be EXTREMELY likely that a chambered round will fire when the hammer is dropped.

What I think was meant was that if the safety is ENGAGED with a loaded chamber, the firing pin block may fail and the hammer being dropped by the safety will fall on the pin instead of the block.

My PPK/s seems to be fine, but I am having it sent for the corrective surgery just to be very sure. It is free after all, and while they are at it they can replace the rear sight which has become loose and slides from one side to the other.

Post imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
    It is free after all, and while they are at it they can replace the rear sight which has become loose and slides from one side to the other.
    I had the same problem with my PPK/S. Repair work was done and it performs as expected. Customer Service experience was top notch.