• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

S&W Recalls PPK/PPKs

curtiswr

Alexcabbie

imported post

Something wrong with that explanation. After all, with the safety DISengaged, it ought to be EXTREMELY likely that a chambered round will fire when the hammer is dropped.

What I think was meant was that if the safety is ENGAGED with a loaded chamber, the firing pin block may fail and the hammer being dropped by the safety will fall on the pin instead of the block.

My PPK/s seems to be fine, but I am having it sent for the corrective surgery just to be very sure. It is free after all, and while they are at it they can replace the rear sight which has become loose and slides from one side to the other.

darthmord

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
It is free after all, and while they are at it they can replace the rear sight which has become loose and slides from one side to the other.
I had the same problem with my PPK/S. Repair work was done and it performs as expected. Customer Service experience was top notch.