• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Firearm purchase question

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Does Indiana have a waiting period for handgun purchases/transfers via FFL?

I ask because I plan to send my daughter a handgun (via local FFL dealer) and was wondering about it.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ralphb72 wrote:
There are no waiting periods in Indiana, there will be a background check though.
Thanks, I expected the background check, but didn't knowif there was awaiting period. Was just wondering if my daughter might ahve to make 2 trips to the gun dealer to pick up the pistol.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

There is a possibility of a three day waiting period in Indiana. This three day "cooling off period" is can be triggered by domestic violence showing up in a criminal history, or other issues coming up in the background check, not necessarily being guilty or convicted, but being a party to it.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

openryan wrote:
There is a possibility of a three day waiting period in Indiana. This three day "cooling off period" is can be triggered by domestic violence showing up in a criminal history, or other issues coming up in the background check, not necessarily being guilty or convicted, but being a party to it.
Thanks openryan, that shouldn't be a problem.