Thread: Kingpin Lanes in Midlothian

Post imported post

Anyone know the official policy of this place? I was just told by the manager on duty that i would not be allowed to carry there. When asked why he just told me that it was a private business and that was the rule (which I respect, it's their right).

I wasn't too surprised because the place does serve alcohol and there are usually one or two fairly drunk people there, but a friend who was with me said she's been there before with a guy OCing and other than the cop there seeming to pay a lot of attention to them, they got no hassles. So now I'm just confused. Anyone know the official word on this? I'm gonna call management in the morning to find out.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Dude don't ask, don't tell. If you are afraid of getting kicked out of a place, don't carry there. Asking ahead of time forces the owner or manager of the property to make a decision that most often will be against open carry.

Post imported post

Oh I didn't ask beforehand just asked him why I couldn't have a gun when he told me to leave.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Ah well thats different, I didn't see that you were carrying and then kicked out. Time to write a letter to the owner and ask them to reconsider their managers actions and if the policy stands that you will be adding them to a gun owner unfriendly list and that you will no longer be patronizing the establishment.

Post imported post

Let him know that you won't be spending any money at his establishment and letting all your 2A friends know that his business is not friendly. In these hard times, I'm sure he'd like to hear how he'll be losing business. As icing on the cake, send him a copy of your receipt from a business that didn't mind your steel friend.