• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kingpin Lanes in Midlothian

ufe20

imported post

Anyone know the official policy of this place? I was just told by the manager on duty that i would not be allowed to carry there. When asked why he just told me that it was a private business and that was the rule (which I respect, it's their right).

I wasn't too surprised because the place does serve alcohol and there are usually one or two fairly drunk people there, but a friend who was with me said she's been there before with a guy OCing and other than the cop there seeming to pay a lot of attention to them, they got no hassles. So now I'm just confused. Anyone know the official word on this? I'm gonna call management in the morning to find out.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Dude don't ask, don't tell. If you are afraid of getting kicked out of a place, don't carry there. Asking ahead of time forces the owner or manager of the property to make a decision that most often will be against open carry.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Ah well thats different, I didn't see that you were carrying and then kicked out. Time to write a letter to the owner and ask them to reconsider their managers actions and if the policy stands that you will be adding them to a gun owner unfriendly list and that you will no longer be patronizing the establishment.

eyesopened

imported post

Let him know that you won't be spending any money at his establishment and letting all your 2A friends know that his business is not friendly. In these hard times, I'm sure he'd like to hear how he'll be losing business. As icing on the cake, send him a copy of your receipt from a business that didn't mind your steel friend.