• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SWAT team @ Spokane library w/ hostage negotiators

boom

imported post

Way to blow this one out of proportion, media. I would bet there wasn't even an actual gun involved. Anyone know anything about this?

bcp

imported post

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/6420ap_wa_library_evacuated.html

Spokane library briefly evacuated after comment THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
SPOKANE, Wash. -- Police temporarily evacuated the Spokane Public Library and called the SWAT team after receiving a report that a person in a library restroom had threatened to shoot the next person who entered.
A woman who had used the women's third floor restroom reported the comment Friday afternoon to library personnel, saying the threat came from a man lying in one of the stalls. Library officials called 911.
After the building was evacuated and nearby streets blocked off, SWAT team members, who had been on a training day, arrived and started talking with the person in the restroom. Turns out it was an unarmed woman, who eventually walked out.
Officer Michael McCasland says the woman was booked into the Spokane County Jail for investigation of harassment threats to kill.