• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: Would you be willing to shoot your own dog?

Kildars

imported post

.45ballers wrote:
LOL, I was waiting to get a comment like that. Look guns dont kill people, peoplekill people! Plain and simple, if I abuse my gun or dont feed it, or maby I mistreat it. My GUN will never attack anything! Animals DO some animals are more prone than others. Please NEVER compare a dog to a gun...
I'm not comparing the dog to the gun. I'm comparing your rational to the gun. A single attack does not point all dogs of that breed as bad. Just like a single murder does not paint all gun owners as bad. You of all people should know this considering you're a gun owner. It is wrong to blanket the entire breed based on the actions of a few. Just like you wouldn't want congress blanketing us because someone who was OCing went and banned OCing and/or firearms.

.45ballers

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Seriously though if you own a dog and have to ask yourself if you would be willing to shoot it, two things come to mind. First; you dont' trust your dog, and/or your ability to control it at all times. Second; you hold it's life in higher regard than you should. If your dog is dangerous enough to wonder about having to shoot someday or under certain circumstances, then trade it in for a Yorkie.
Absolutely, Thats my point. An irresponsible gun owner is just as bad as an irresponsible dog owner. :banghead:

.45ballers

imported post

Kildars wrote:
I think this post demonstrates that you can trust your dog completely and bad things can still happen -- with any breed.
Sure, I can own a tiger also then maby it might attack something or someone? But thats not my point. GUNS are safer than dogs. Pit Bulls IMHO are a bad breed, among other dogs that are prone to defend territory. That ARE not easily controlled when provocked!!

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Aww who could shoot this widdle puppy?

hell_hound_dog.jpg

.45ballers

imported post

Kildars wrote:
.45ballers wrote:
LOL, I was waiting to get a comment like that. Look guns dont kill people, peoplekill people! Plain and simple, if I abuse my gun or dont feed it, or maby I mistreat it. My GUN will never attack anything! Animals DO some animals are more prone than others. Please NEVER compare a dog to a gun...
I'm not comparing the dog to the gun. I'm comparing your rational to the gun. A single attack does not point all dogs of that breed as bad. Just like a single murder does not paint all gun owners as bad. You of all people should know this considering you're a gun owner. It is wrong to blanket the entire breed based on the actions of a few. Just like you wouldn't want congress blanketing us because someone who was OCing went and banned OCing and/or firearms.
Your original post was about doubt of a pit bullYOU own attacking a human. Others comment about dogs they would not own being able to trust! Maby you should re read your original post. Gun ownership is not involved here, you brought up the trust part!!!

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

.45ballers wrote:
Kildars wrote:
.45ballers wrote:
Your original post was about doubt of a pit bullYOU own attacking a human. Others comment about dogs they would not own being able to trust! Maby you should re read your original post. Gun ownership is not involved here, you brought up the trust part!!!
I'll sic Fluffy on the pit bull. Saves the cost of feeding the poor demented thing.

.45ballers

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
And don't forget to talk to your doggies about steroid use... it's the leading cause of doggie 'Roid Rage out there today:

wendy_the_whippet.jpg
No It is not a tumooor!!!!!

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Beware, floating dog heads that look like the Predator have been spotted floating in suburbs throughout the Seattle Metro area:

evildog.jpg
Great thing about those, is you can use a baseball bat on 'em.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Having owned multiple 'american staffordshire terriers' (pit bull) I can tell you that it's ALL in how they're raised.

Any dog can be trained or not cared for, to become vicious.

Socialization, training, care, etc are all any dog needs.

Hammer

imported post

I've had to shoot my own dog once due to biting a neighbors' kid. Long story not worth typing out here, but the dog got the shitty end of the deal, tho it certainly DID bite the kid.
Had to shoot another one that was very sick and suffering.

It's always heartbreaking. I usually have a pact with a trusted friend who has a dog that we will euthanize the others' dog. Then I don't have do kill my own dog. Too much emotion involved.