Thread: What holster do you use for your Kimber?

Post imported post

Just bought my first 1911 today, chose the Kimber Custom Crimson Carry. Now I need to find a good holster. I love my Blackhawk Serpa that I have for my Glock, so I'm thinking about getting that for the Kimber. I heard that they can ruin the finish on the gun though, has this happened to anyone? If you don't use a Serpa, what other holsters do you recommend?

Post imported post

Serpas work great with that pistol.

Just take a hack-saw and trim off the excess bit of holster that sticks down past the muzzle of your 4" barrel. (The holsters are designed for 5" barrels.) Then buff the cut on a fabric buffing wheel (or use a dremel tool buffing wheel) to remove the rough spots.

Post imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
    Serpas work great with that pistol.

Just take a hack-saw and trim off the excess bit of holster that sticks down past the muzzle of your 4" barrel. (The holsters are designed for 5" barrels.) Then buff the cut on a fabric buffing wheel (or use a dremel tool buffing wheel) to remove the rough spots.
    The Custom Crimson Carry actually has a 5" barrel, so that would work perfectly. I think I'm going to go ahead and order the Serpa.

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

I have 2 small marks on the top of my 1911, where the finish is almost gone as well as on the trigger guard from the locking mechanism.

I have seen another user's serpa carried 1911, that had the exact same wear in the exact same places. These were both blued weapons.

ETA:

That being said, I do have and use 4 different Serpa holsters.

Post imported post

I use the Fobus holster, it actually has a "Kimber" logo on it. :P Was on the shelf at the local gun shop, and I like it as Fobus is what I have used so far. Comfortable and keeps the gun secure.

Post imported post

hunter45 wrote:
    The Custom Crimson Carry actually has a 5" barrel, so that would work perfectly. I think I'm going to go ahead and order the Serpa.
    Oh yeah that's perfect. I found good prices at lapolicegear.com back when I bought my Serpa. They might still have the best deal.

I was thinking Pro Crimson Carry II (which is 4") I didn't know they made a 5" one. That's cool.