• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What holster do you use for your Kimber?

hunter45

imported post

Just bought my first 1911 today, chose the Kimber Custom Crimson Carry. Now I need to find a good holster. I love my Blackhawk Serpa that I have for my Glock, so I'm thinking about getting that for the Kimber. I heard that they can ruin the finish on the gun though, has this happened to anyone? If you don't use a Serpa, what other holsters do you recommend?

shad0wfax

imported post

Serpas work great with that pistol.

Just take a hack-saw and trim off the excess bit of holster that sticks down past the muzzle of your 4" barrel. (The holsters are designed for 5" barrels.) Then buff the cut on a fabric buffing wheel (or use a dremel tool buffing wheel) to remove the rough spots.

hunter45

imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
Serpas work great with that pistol.

Just take a hack-saw and trim off the excess bit of holster that sticks down past the muzzle of your 4" barrel. (The holsters are designed for 5" barrels.) Then buff the cut on a fabric buffing wheel (or use a dremel tool buffing wheel) to remove the rough spots.

The Custom Crimson Carry actually has a 5" barrel, so that would work perfectly. I think I'm going to go ahead and order the Serpa. :)

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I have 2 small marks on the top of my 1911, where the finish is almost gone as well as on the trigger guard from the locking mechanism.

I have seen another user's serpa carried 1911, that had the exact same wear in the exact same places. These were both blued weapons.

ETA:

That being said, I do have and use 4 different Serpa holsters.

compmanio365

imported post

I use the Fobus holster, it actually has a "Kimber" logo on it. :p Was on the shelf at the local gun shop, and I like it as Fobus is what I have used so far. Comfortable and keeps the gun secure.

shad0wfax

imported post

hunter45 wrote:
The Custom Crimson Carry actually has a 5" barrel, so that would work perfectly. I think I'm going to go ahead and order the Serpa. :)

Oh yeah that's perfect. I found good prices at lapolicegear.com back when I bought my Serpa. They might still have the best deal.

I was thinking Pro Crimson Carry II (which is 4") I didn't know they made a 5" one. That's cool.