Thread: Question about OC in CA

Post imported post

Well i plan in doin lots of gold panning when i get back to CA (movin back to long beach, im from anaheim) and id like to know if it will be legal for me to OC a revolver or glock up in san gabriel canyon and the high sierras?

also, are any of you people national guardsmen/women? because im going to enlist in either CA or UT, but will end up transferring to KY later on (fiancee in KY) but i heard that CA-NG does NOT deploy their national guard, is that true?

Post imported post

All of this should answer your questions:

http://californiaopencarry.org

Post imported post

Don't deploy? AAAAHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaa.....

.....HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAaaaaaaaaa...ha!

Yes, we deploy, and often.

Carry in a National Forest is legal. Carry while hiking, panning, or sitting around a campfire is also legal.

Carry in a National or State Park is not legal (unless you possess LTC).

Post imported post

Yes you deploy it's like you are first to go and last know you can even carry your own personal weapon loaded while deployed.

I gold pan as well and to my knowledge you can open carry loaded as long as you are in a area you can legally discharge it. It would stink to be bent down next to the creek and have a bear come up behind you.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Buddy of mine has been deployed with the CA NG for a year now. They were originally told they would be deployed 6-12 months. Now they're being told they might extend it to 18-24 months.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

Native wrote:
    Yes you deploy it's like you are first to go and last know you can even carry your own personal weapon loaded while deployed.

I gold pan as well and to my knowledge you can open carry loaded as long as you are in a area you can legally discharge it. It would stink to be bent down next to the creek and have a bear come up behind you.
    wait wait wait, youre tellin me that i can carry my PERSONAL handgun while deployed!??!?! tell me more!!!

i was talkin to my buddy (thx, from utah forum) and he said that it is considered "deployed" if you volunteer to do border patrol while in the NG... so i can carry my personal handgun as well?

Post imported post

Yes, when I was in the service and any time we deployed if we wanted we could take our own personal pistol as long as we provided our own shells,and carried our issued weapon. Talk to your command about it,at least a Captain. Maybe things have changed in ten yrs but I dont think it has changed much. When the vest was running short just after the war started many folks ordered there own from private company's as well.

Post imported post

ill have to ask around about it

back when my dad was in (vietnam) he said that you were allowed to take your own shotguns, and they would cut off the barrel, and then cut off the butt (sawed off style) then they would attach a sling to it for you, and give you all the shells you wanted! the vietnamese believed that they would go to hell if they got shot with it, from what ive heard

Post imported post

Native wrote:
    Yes, when I was in the service and any time we deployed if we wanted we could take our own personal pistol as long as we provided our own shells,and carried our issued weapon. Talk to your command about it,at least a Captain. Maybe things have changed in ten yrs but I dont think it has changed much. When the vest was running short just after the war started many folks ordered there own from private company's as well.
    I asked my platoon sgt about that and he said we cant take our own weapons

Post imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
    Native wrote:
    ...you can even carry your own personal weapon loaded while deployed.
    wait wait wait, youre tellin me that i can carry my PERSONAL handgun while deployed!??!?!

NO!

Possession of personally owned weapons is a violation of USCENTCOM General Order #1e.

General Order 1, Part 5, Prohibited Activities.

e.Purchase, possessing, using, or selling privately owned firearms, ammunition, explosives, or the introduction of these items into theUnited States Central Commandarea of operation.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein