• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question about OC in CA

b1ack5mith

imported post

Well i plan in doin lots of gold panning when i get back to CA (movin back to long beach, im from anaheim) and id like to know if it will be legal for me to OC a revolver or glock up in san gabriel canyon and the high sierras?

also, are any of you people national guardsmen/women? because im going to enlist in either CA or UT, but will end up transferring to KY later on (fiancee in KY) but i heard that CA-NG does NOT deploy their national guard, is that true?

Army

imported post

Don't deploy? AAAAHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaa.....

.....HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAaaaaaaaaa...ha!

Yes, we deploy, and often.

Carry in a National Forest is legal. Carry while hiking, panning, or sitting around a campfire is also legal.

Carry in a National or State Park is not legal (unless you possess LTC).

Native

imported post

Yes you deploy it's like you are first to go and last know you can even carry your own personal weapon loaded while deployed.

I gold pan as well and to my knowledge you can open carry loaded as long as you are in a area you can legally discharge it. It would stink to be bent down next to the creek and have a bear come up behind you.

b1ack5mith

imported post

Native wrote:
Yes you deploy it's like you are first to go and last know you can even carry your own personal weapon loaded while deployed.

I gold pan as well and to my knowledge you can open carry loaded as long as you are in a area you can legally discharge it. It would stink to be bent down next to the creek and have a bear come up behind you.

wait wait wait, youre tellin me that i can carry my PERSONAL handgun while deployed!??!?! tell me more!!!

i was talkin to my buddy (thx, from utah forum) and he said that it is considered "deployed" if you volunteer to do border patrol while in the NG... so i can carry my personal handgun as well?

Native

imported post

Yes, when I was in the service and any time we deployed if we wanted we could take our own personal pistol as long as we provided our own shells,and carried our issued weapon. Talk to your command about it,at least a Captain. Maybe things have changed in ten yrs but I dont think it has changed much. When the vest was running short just after the war started many folks ordered there own from private company's as well.

b1ack5mith

imported post

ill have to ask around about it :D

back when my dad was in (vietnam) he said that you were allowed to take your own shotguns, and they would cut off the barrel, and then cut off the butt (sawed off style) then they would attach a sling to it for you, and give you all the shells you wanted! the vietnamese believed that they would go to hell if they got shot with it, from what ive heard

r6-rider

imported post

Native wrote:
Yes, when I was in the service and any time we deployed if we wanted we could take our own personal pistol as long as we provided our own shells,and carried our issued weapon. Talk to your command about it,at least a Captain. Maybe things have changed in ten yrs but I dont think it has changed much. When the vest was running short just after the war started many folks ordered there own from private company's as well.
I asked my platoon sgt about that and he said we cant take our own weapons

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
Native wrote:
...you can even carry your own personal weapon loaded while deployed.

wait wait wait, youre tellin me that i can carry my PERSONAL handgun while deployed!??!?!

NO!

Possession of personally owned weapons is a violation of USCENTCOM General Order #1e.

General Order 1, Part 5, Prohibited Activities.

e.Purchase, possessing, using, or selling privately owned firearms, ammunition, explosives, or the introduction of these items into theUnited States Central Commandarea of operation.