Thread: Tell me why you Open Carry a firearm

Post imported post

I have a damm good reason and this is what I would tell cop if he or she ever asked.

Because I am a victim of Domestic Violence and I dont want to be victim again I feel

safe.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Brad Krause, the OCer improperly cited and exonerated for disorderly conduct while planting a tree on his own property, had the best answer:

Rights don't need a justification.

This really is the best answer for any but the genuinely "just curious."

All others need to understand that no justification is necessary. Its out-of-bounds to require or demand a justification. Police, anti-gunners, anybody.

Of course, any other answer you give to someone who isn't just genuinely curious, any other answer, will be negated, invalidated, remarked against by your questioner.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

I carry all the time....so OC will simply be the way I'm carrying that day.

Mood, weather and a few other things dictate my type of carry....whatever is convenient to me.

Post imported post

Cause it works better than a slingshot.

Cause it looks cool. (joke no flaming)

Cause chicks dig it. (partially a joke)

Cause the cop kept squirming when I tried to carry him around