• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UOC Preschool/ Daycare

Mykal

imported post

I read the law regarding 1k' from a K-12; but what about public and private daycare centers, and preschools as i have seen many preschools that are not near/attatched to k-12?

Am i missing something? Please advise

Edit: Oh and what are dog parks under? State Park?

PSS: There has been an influx of LEO's everywhere in Orange County. I was pulled over for speeding( later i think i got tagged by the helicopter going north on the 405 too >.< . The state is in a budget crisis and they are out there in full force. OBEY ALL LAWS!!!

thanks

Decoligny

imported post

K-12

Kindergarten through 12th Grade.

Daycare (either public or private)doesn't fall into the K-12 range.

A dog park is probably a city park or maybe a county park.I have neverseen nor heard of a "dog park" being a state park.

pullnshoot25

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
K-12

Kindergarten through 12th Grade.

Daycare (either public or private)doesn't fall into the K-12 range.

A dog park is probably a city park or maybe a county park.I have neverseen nor heard of a "dog park" being a state park.
You know, I thought about that. There is a dog park relatively close by my house and it is outside the 1000' boundaries...I am thinking I might test the waters if I get the proper clearance.

Mykal

imported post

thanks,

there are far more preschools where i drive to and from places.

2 weeks ago when i went tot the dog park there was a boxer attacking a retevier going for its throat. the owner had just walked in the park with leash still on and shouting while trying to kick the boxer off her dog. the owner causally ( and i mean casually) walked up to his dog to leash it. there was one other person helping the poor woman and her dog from the boxer. as the boxer owner leashed his dog everyone grabbed their dog as so their loved ones would not be attacked. i saw another lady with a 2yr old leave immediately afterwards. the boxer owner did not leave but merely went back to the bench he was sitting on.

I know you have a right to defend your own life from imminent threat, but does this include those around you(or even your pets)?

symptom

imported post

I have found that most cities in the east bay have ordinances that prohibit firearms in city parks. Dog parks are almost always city parks. If you are not sure if your dog park is city or state check the city's website for a parks and recreation page.

This was actually kind of difficult to find. Best link for this kind of thing is:
http://www.municode.com/Library/Library.aspx

If you cant find your city there then you will have to hunt and peck around the city's website.

Remember! These code's change regularly. The only official one is usually kept at City Clerks Office.

There is some question as to whether or not these are enforceable as they technically contradict state and federal law. IANAL, but my advice, we are so close to nationwide shall issue, that it is not worth contesting. It would be a shame for CA to go shall issue and then not be able to get permit because you were arrested for carrying at a dog park.

City of Fremont Municipal Code
Title III PUBLIC SAFETY, WELFARE AND MORALS
CHAPTER 7. REGULATION OF STREETS, SIDEWALKS AND OTHER PUBLIC PLACES
Sec. 3-7205. Prohibited conduct generally.
Within the limits of any public park or recreation area of the City of Fremont, no person shall:

(c) Carry or discharge any firearm, airgun, slingshot or other device designed or intended to discharge, or capable of discharging any dangerous missile, provided that this subsection shall not apply to any peace officer or other person lawfully licensed to carry a concealed weapon or who regularly carries a weapon in connection with private employment protecting property or persons (e.g., private patrol services and bodyguards).

Union City Municipal Code
Title 12 PUBLIC IMPROVEMENTS
Chapter 12.28 PUBLIC PARK AND RECREATION AREAS

12.28.120 Possession of firearms.

A. Except as provided in subsection B of this section, it is unlawful for any person, other than Peace Officers, in the discharge of their duties to use, carry or possess firearms, air rifles, BB guns, spring guns, bow and arrows, slings or any other form of weapon potentially inimical to wild life and dangerous to human safety.

B. Any organized programs approved by the Director of the Leisure Services Department. (Amended during 1990 republication; Ord. 318-89 (part), 1989: Ord. 85-69 § 11, 1969)

City of Newark Municipal Code
Title 12 STREETS, SIDEWALKS AND PUBLIC PLACES
Chapter 12.16 PUBLIC PARK REGULATIONS
12.16.110 Possession of firearms.
A. Except as provided in subsection B of this section, it shall be unlawful for any person, other than peace officers in the discharge of their duties, to use, carry or possess firearms, air rifles, BB guns, spring guns, bow and arrows, slings or any other form of weapon potentially inimical to wildlife and dangerous to human safety.
B. Bows and arrows may be brought to a park or facility for use at an established range or for participation in a city-planned or approved archery program.

guntrust

imported post

One word of caution re preschools:

Though code specifies K-12 inclusive, some preschools have "elementary programs" which may be considered equivalent to kindergarten.

During my recent campaign for GOP Central Committee, I open carried five times around my neighborhood and handed out literature on open carry. I also tried, unsuccessfully, to organize a "5K for 2A" run in Ladera Ranch and due to the concern above I modified the route to avoid a Montessori with such a program. I did not have time to research thoroughly so did not want to take any added risk.