• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

requesting information foia? in oregon?

ocman1991A1

Banned
imported post

Does anyone know specifically how to request information from cities, or counties in oregon? Does anyone have a example of a request? I can't find one on the internet. does oregon have a method to request public information?

FMCDH

imported post

ocman1991A1 wrote:
Does anyone know specifically how to request information from cities, or counties in oregon? Does anyone have a example of a request? I can't find one on the internet. does oregon have a method to request public information?

Your talking about one stop shopping? It depends on the type of information your requesting. Since you are posting on this forum, I will assume you are looking for CC license or OC allowance information.

Best source is http://www.handgunlaw.us to get you going. They have links for just about anything you want to know, or how to find it.

Also, the Maps link at the top of the page for this site is a good source of OC info.

FMCDH

imported post

ocman1991A1 wrote:
no, i want to request 911 calls/police documents/etc...
Normally you would request such things from the department of records for the county the event happened in. Do a Google for the specific county web page to find the contact information. If you cant find it, contact the sheriffs department in the county, and request the information for the department of records.

Good luck.