• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lewiston OC

Vandal

imported post

I got to OC in Lewiston for the first time today.

After going to the State Penn at Orofino for my Justice Studies 332 course on Corrections myself and my carpool stopped in Lewiston for Lunch and went to the Arby's on highway that heads up the hill. I had no issues with anyone in the restaurant or the Sheriff's Deputy that came in to eat. Basically no issues to report and the trip to the penn was very interesting. Now to finish my paper on it.

thefirststrike

imported post

Kewl. Haven't been to Lewiston (OC'ing) yet...car has been out of commission. I have OC'ing regularly here in Moscow. I haven't OC'ed in some places...the Post Office for instance...but I have regularly carried in Winco; Roseauers and the Potlatch Credit Union inside Roseauers, where I bank; Walmart; the mall; and Movie Gallery. I also have been to the movie theatre in Pullman 2x and OC'ed there both, with no problems.

So far I have had no contact by police or citizens, either negative or positive. Most people don't even seem to notice, or if they do they must assume I am a cop.

Dave

Vandal

imported post

firststrike and all others in moscow

some of us are meeting at the Smokey Mtn Pizza in Moscow at 1900 today for an OC dinner. Just thought I'd toss that out there.

thefirststrike

imported post

Vandal wrote:
firststrike and all others in moscow

some of us are meeting at the Smokey Mtn Pizza in Moscow at 1900 today for an OC dinner. Just thought I'd toss that out there.
Oh man you gotta give me more warning than that... I work swings and could have maybe planned for some time off, but I gotta know ahead of time (not a student so I have to plan for these types of things). Weekends are better for me, because of my work schedule.

I would love to get together with you all some other time. I have met some of the Pullman OC'ers and one from Moscow, but always willing make new friends.