Thread: Open Carry Friendly Barber Shop

Post imported post

I was OCing the other day and went to get my hairs cut. The Good Barber at 6512 Backlick Road in Springfield VA was VERY pro-gun. They asked a bunch of questions about guns all the people there seemed very interested in learning about guns andVA laws.

I also got a good haircut at a fair price.

Bill

Post imported post

learn2shoot wrote:
    I was OCing the other day and went to get my hairs cut.

I have OC'd at my barber shop (Potter's, Berryville) for almost as long as we have been here, which sounds great, but we have been here only ~ five years. Also, I only OC during comfortable weather (it's the wuss in me, coming out).

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

The barbershop in KMart shopping center on Elden St. in Herndon is OC friendly.

I got my hair cut there a few times before I started OC'ing and have done so every time since without issue.

Post imported post

useful_idiot wrote:

I got my hair cut there a few times before I started OC'ing and have done so every time since without issue.

Just make sure that while getting your haircut, that they don't drape the "bib" over your weapon. If they do, then you are no longer Open Carrying.

Post imported post

Decoligny wrote:
    useful_idiot wrote:

Just make sure that while getting your haircut, that they don't drape the "bib" over your weapon. If they do, then you are no longer Open Carrying.
    Ha ha, well there's a whole new debate altogether!!

:shock:

TFred

Post imported post

Another good shop is the All American barber shop in the City of Manassas. The shop is located almost directly across from the hospital on route 234.

Post imported post

Green's Barber Shop, Rt 17 in Grafton is OC friendly.

However, I think Decolingy is right about the bib ("...hidden from common observation...")
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

Koon's barber shop in Ashland is OC friendly. I've known the barber there for years from her previous places of employment. She cuts a mean flat top and she's fine with guns. Just act responsibly and she won't have to whip your tail.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    Koon's barber shop in Ashland is OC friendly. I've known the barber there for years from her previous places of employment. She cuts a mean flat top and she's fine with guns. Just act responsibly and she won't have to whip your tail.
    You have quite the mean flat top!

However, when it comes to hair, I have no top. I've been buzzing mine myself for years.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

DrMark wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    You have quite the mean flat top!

However, when it comes to hair, I have no top. I've been buzzing mine myself for years.

Thank you!

James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

Decoligny wrote:
    useful_idiot wrote:

He/She would be safe IF the weapon was covered somehow on PRIVATE property. An owner can give their permission to cover while on property. (At least here in Utah)

TJ

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I OC at both Hair Cuttery and Dulles Barber in Cascades Marketplace
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    He/She would be safe IF the weapon was covered somehow on PRIVATE property. An owner can give their permission to cover while on property. (At least here in Utah)

TJ
    I don't think the Virginia law allows this, only your own property.

TFred

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    UTOC-45-44 wrote:

TJ

TFred
    Correct. Only on your own abode or place of business (if you own one).

Post imported post

rebfan wrote:
    Another good shop is the All American barber shop in the City of Manassas. The shop is located almost directly across from the hospital on route 234.
    No problems at their location in Dale City, either. Although they did try to give me the LEO discount.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    TFred wrote:
    UTOC-45-44 wrote:

TJ

TFred
    Correct. Only on your own abode or place of business (if you own one).
    PENALTY FLAG failure to cite authority.

WOW!!!!

Two penalty flags in one quote!!!!

Muhhahahahahahah!!!

Try again, fellas!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

learn2shoot wrote:
    The Good Barber at 6512 Backlick Road in Springfield VA was VERY pro-gun. They asked a bunch of questions about guns all the people there seemed very interested in learning about guns andVA laws.
    Glad you had a good experience. Have you added it to the http://friendorfoe.thesecond.us site yet? Shameless plug, I know.
    Find businesses that are pro gun...and those that aren't. Friend or Foe - Version 2 is online!

Post imported post

I did not - because they do not seem to be in google's data base so there was no mechanism to add them. Otherwise I would have JUST done it.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Hmmm. I suppose I will have to allow manual entries as well then. I can go ahead and add it behind the scenes until I get a change to make a manual add page. They really should get with the times though, and get listed.
    Find businesses that are pro gun...and those that aren't. Friend or Foe - Version 2 is online!